Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Calling all Dr. Brassard girls

Started by lpfix2009, July 27, 2010, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica.C

Quote from: juststarting on September 04, 2010, 08:20:19 AM
hair removal.I had laser on my face and that was enough for me ::)
Ashley

Me Too, If you think the face hurts you should try the hands and feet! :icon_yikes:

Almost done with my arms just had the first treatment to the legs about five more to go,.. if im lucky

•  

juliekins

I did have some problems with hairs showing up, despite the promises made by Dr. B's clinic. Not that they have caused any problems or infection, as best I know.

They started showing up during dilation and about a year or so after my GRS. They are very small, and look pretty foreign to the area.

I believe this is kind of a hit or miss proposition. For me, if I had to do it over, I may have had the electrolysis prior to the GRS. This however, would have been an extra investment of time, money and discomfort. Whether you do this trade off will be up to you.
"I don't need your acceptance, just your love"
  •  

aubrey

Thnx Jessica I'm so excited it's been a long time coming :)

For the girls that had no regrowth it's really encouraging but I wonder if it's just the individual and a little bit of luck? Perhaps the same person that had an easier time at electro/laser would also have no regrowth post-cauterization and vice versa?  My electrologist said the only way for her to get them post-op would be with laser...which is scary in itself since I'm a horrible laser candidate. Regardless I'll probably have to take my chances.

I'm sorry that happened to you Julie. What happens if one of them gets infected? Is there a surgical procedure?
  •  

juliekins

I'm not aware that anything can be done post-op. That's why I think it might be worth doing just to be sure.

Infections? I'm not aware of anything except your typical yeast infection. Those have been handled with douching, and special care with wiping and cleaning-you're typical stuff. 
"I don't need your acceptance, just your love"
  •  

Pascale2003

Dr. Brassard said me if not necessary have a hair removal before srs, because cauterize hair by hair and not recommanded electologis before srs.
Pascale

french canadian from quebec state.

PS: sorry for my bad english, because my first is french.

•  

giadarling

Dr. Brassard performed my GRS a while back and all I can say is wow! From start to finish it was a smooth process! He is an amazing Plastic Surgeon, not only did he take the time to answer the questions that I had, but he ensured that my after care was amazing. Honestly, it was like staying at a 5 star hotel with nurses that look after your every need. After care for me was a very important part of my healing. Dr. Brassard even called me multiple times when I got back to NY to help answer the questions that I had. Prior to booking my surgery date, I met with different surgeons in the US, UK and Thailand. I decided on Dr. Brassard because I was so impressed with my consultation and tour of the after care facility! My results are amazing and I did not have any complications. There is nothing but great things I can say about Dr. Brassard and his practice. I recommend him to any one that might be considering GRS in Montreal.
XOXOX
Gia
  •