Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Does life get too "ordinary" after GRS?

Started by Blanche, August 28, 2008, 09:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cindybc

Good grief Starbuck hon, Have I ever been anything but upbeat on this board? I have never done anything on this board except to be upbeat and do what I can to be supportive.

Like I said I never felt the blues nor was ever depressed for any length of time through my transitioning years, 9 years. I was more depressed and sick during the prior years leading to transitioning then I was during those 5 years prior to surgery and the 4 years after.

But even the years prior to transition I did what I could to remain positive thinking. Always the optimistic, I had to be optimistic because that's what kept me going. Hanging on to hope no mater what the odds may have shown against my hopes.

I just did what ever I had to do to remain happy and optimistic, like having SRS, getting married and moving 3/4 of the way across the continent of Canada. Ain't notin holdin me anywhere, never was, I go where I think I can be useful and happy.

Cindy
  •  

noeleena

hi... Just an up date in a few days itll have been 2 years since i had my ops  19 of may 07   how.s my life been over that time ...   just neat oh yes the up.s & downs so .... thats life .. other wise its just being able to live as a woman that has & is happing .meeting many people doing & going out with & having that friendship i never could have had before ...  mundane   what does that word mean.  when i can live life .. & be accepted ......  yes it.s.... NEAT.....
     ...noeleena...
Hi. from New Zealand, Im a woman of difference & intersex who is living life to the full.   we have 3 grown up kids and 11 grand kid's 6 boy's & 5 girl's,
Jos and i are still friends and  is very happy with her new life with someone.
  •  

noeleena

Hi...  Knowing other women ..  yes very much so ... may be for some its daunting & why some dont really mix with women ...& being accepted by them ...For me i spend most of my time with women & more at home with them ...we dont have a trans community where we are so its . be in the real world of people . so i just get on with those people ..thanks ......
  ...noeleena...
Hi. from New Zealand, Im a woman of difference & intersex who is living life to the full.   we have 3 grown up kids and 11 grand kid's 6 boy's & 5 girl's,
Jos and i are still friends and  is very happy with her new life with someone.
  •  

Girl_next_door

I have to agree with Blanche, it does feel that way now.
  •  

jade

Oh, life never does get bored after SRS or GRS or whatever you wanna name it.
Post-op women still have plenty of issues to deal with such as:

*The occasional discrimination & harassment
*Being under the gun all the time to keep it stealth (the stealthy ones)
*Seeking acceptance and love from their partner (especially if its a male partner)
*Sometimes going through body dysmorphia and considering more cosmetic enhancements
*Thinking about reproductive options
*And dilate lots to keep that son a of a b*tch open

>:-)
  •  

tracya1980

My life did not go "ordinary" after GRS.  I really feel driven.  I have my own IT consulting company and I am finishing my college degree.  I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man and life is just great for me.  I get up and run 5 to 7 miles every day and can hardly wait for each day to start.  I am 4 1/2 years post op.
  •  

Nigella

Hi there,

Life is definitely not boring, I wish I had more hours in the day, lol. I have my friends, church, work, running, hobbies, holidays, and well, parents, lol. Life is certainly not boring rather the opposite, its exciting, at times frustrating, fun, a struggle, amazing and much, much more.

I think life is what you make it, pre or post op.

Stardust
  •  

lilacwoman

I have three friends who pre-op worked as showgirls to save for their SRS and then became housewife, medical student and lawyer and they all miss their days in the spotlight.
  •  

pretty pauline

Quote from: lilacwoman on September 28, 2010, 12:51:13 PM
I have three friends who pre-op worked as showgirls to save for their SRS and then became housewife, medical student and lawyer and they all miss their days in the spotlight.
Life can get ordinary, but don't let it get boring, Im now in a new chapter, transition is well behind me, Im now nearly 6weeks married, my Fiancé is now my Husband, Im now a housewife, learning new cooking skills etc. The business in my job has slowed down, next week Im handing in 6weeks notice, January 2011 onwards I'II be a full time housewife, Im a much happier person as a woman, being a full time housewife for my Husband is a new challenge for me as a woman, hopefully not too ordinary and certainly not boring, try cleaning up after a man.
p
If your going thru hell, just keep going.
  •  

K8

I think that there is an emotional dip after surgery.  Transition takes a lot of energy and can be exciting as you tackle all of the problems and learn your new position in the world.  But for me that soon passed as I discovered the core-deep pleasure of being in a body that suited me.  (Well, it's a little heavier than I like, but that isn't what I meant. ::))

My life has really settled down post-op.  Without the dysphoria I have much more time and energy.  I'm able to focus better.  I have the time and energy to keep my house cleaner and neater, the way I like it.  Like my house, my mind is more orderly, too.  I am relaxed and out in the world more.  I've started new activities and kept the ones I liked.  It's like I'm actually alive for the first time in my life.  If that's ordinary, then I'll take it gladly. :D

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •