News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Passing in pants with no hip padding?

Started by Ayaname, September 18, 2010, 04:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayaname

Quote from: tori319 on September 23, 2010, 10:54:55 AM
If it really bothers you maybe you should try a Waist cincher.

huh? Should I be bothered?  ???
  •  

ggina

Quote from: Ayaname
My shoulders are a tad under 16" across.

huh? Should I be bothered?

No-no you shouldn't be bothered by that at all :)

In fact, I think this is the key of you looking girly and me not. My shoulders are 19" wide and it makes both the waist and hips just disappear in proportion, while yours are narrower thus putting more emphasis on the lower parts, making the WHR seem smaller than it actually is.

As for waist cinchers, I'm thinking of getting one someday but I don't think you need it :)

g
  •  

Ayaname

Quote from: ggina on September 23, 2010, 03:15:22 PM

In fact, I think this is the key of you looking girly and me not. My shoulders are 19" wide and it makes both the waist and hips just disappear in proportion, while yours are narrower thus putting more emphasis on the lower parts, making the WHR seem smaller than it actually is.

As for waist cinchers, I'm thinking of getting one someday but I don't think you need it :)

g

Ahh, good good.  :D

I actually did wear a cincher for a while when I first started out, only I wouldn't wear it on my waist. Instead I'd hike it up to the middle of my ribs to try compressing my rib cage a little. I used to try sleeping in it because I was hoping to reset my ribs, but after a while I just gave up because it was disturbing my sleep. I think it was causing my lungs to push against my heart because whenever I'd wear it my heart would start to beat faster. Also it hardly really made a difference even at it's tightest setting. It just wasn't worth all the discomfort.
  •  

ggina

well that's why they have to be put around the waist, not the ribs, it's in the name :)

I too tried this tightlacing but I too thought it wasn't worth it. Sleeping? Ah, forget it... Even at some very light setting I couldn't sleep with the damn thing on so somewhere in middle of my first night, after rolling around in my bed for hours, I just got it off and angrily threw it away :)

The problem with lacing is that even if you do it 24-7 for two years (geez that's a lot of pain!), the ribs will slowly get back to their original size after a certain period of not wearing the stuff. So it's not permanent thus not worth it. However, a cincher is made for light everyday use, it can give a little shape for someone who needs it by compressing mainly the waist and a little bit the floating ribs. My main concern with this is you can't go to the beach wearing them :)

g
  •  

tori319

Quote from: ggina on September 23, 2010, 03:15:22 PM

g
Thanks for explaining it for me.
  •  

ggina

Quote from: tori319 on September 24, 2010, 02:43:32 AM
Thanks for explaining it for me.

hm? :) (Do you mean that I answered something that wasn't intended for me? There's still a place for your reply as well :) )

g
  •  

tori319

Quote from: ggina on September 24, 2010, 02:56:08 PM
hm? :) (Do you mean that I answered something that wasn't intended for me? There's still a place for your reply as well :) )

g
No, I meant thank you for explaining it.You said what I meant to say but didn't.
  •