Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

so what do girls do for hobbies?

Started by YellowDaisy, January 24, 2010, 03:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexine

Not sure if this will count, but there's this girl that was doing a crossword puzzle at a bar at BJ's while having lunch.
  •  

Nicky

I love building around the home, putting in concrete, brick work, painting etc..
I play pen and paper role-playing games
I am a drummer in a rock band
I write stories and poetry
I chat online
I like to cook.
Reading
  •  

Jillieann Rose

O ooh I like to cooking too.
But I keep burning things. :embarrassed:
I'm eating Cajun brownies that I made. :icon_blah:
My spouse won't touch them. 
Jillieann
  •  

V M

I love cooking now that things are turning out much better than they use to  :laugh:

Actually, I've gotten to the point were I don't really want to go out to eat because the grubs I make are much tastier and I can make them for much less... It would be nice to have a date now and then though   ::)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Virginia could I come over and join you.
I could use some tips on not burning things and love the company.
The Netherworld, :o Oh no, sorry that too far to go.
But would have been fun.  ;D
Jillieann
  •  

Emmanuelle

I'm a foodie, so here's my list of hobbies:

Wining and dining (of course)
Cooking (organizing the wining and dining)
Shopping (to get dressed for the wining and dining)
Running (to make up for the wining and dining)
Pilates (to keep the muscles toned from all the wining and dining)
Sailing (to keep from wining and dining)
Reading (to stop thinking about wining and dining)
MMO gaming (to virtually wine and dine)

Emma
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
- Maria Robinson
  •  

JessicaH

I make hand made writing pens as a hobby and it has turned into a very lucrative side business. I have orders for "hundreds" of these made from the jawbone of american alligators. Don't even ask me how I got into this. It's a long boring story... I could quit my full time job at this point if I wanted and make more money just doing this.

[img] http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3414/gatorbonepens.jpg [img]
  •  

AmberM

Gender and sex should not limit one's hobbies. My hobbies in include-  acting, directing, singing, dancing, gaming (computer and video), hiking, story telling, poetry, reading, shopping, karaoke, traveling.
  •  

tekla

I am a drummer in a rock band

It's a little known fact but in San Francisco or LA if you forget your handicap parking permit you can just toss your drumsticks up on the dashboard and it seems to work out.  Hey, what's the difference between a large pizza and a drummer?  The pizza can feed a family of four.  I can keep this up for a long time.  I think I know too many guitarists.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Lexine

I play video games
I draw things
I love writing
I go to Disneyland every chance I get
I love going out to eat
I love watching movies at the theatre or at home
I like reading tech blogs
I listen to music
I like cooking

If this sounds like a lot of y'all, I wouldn't be surprised :)
  •  

Donjones210

•  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Pica Pica

Not to forget (and I have a copy of this one)

•  

Jessica B

One of my hobbies ^_~

Girls can do what ever girls please ^_~

-Violet!

Someone needs to teach me how to embed videos  :'(
Respectfully,
-Jessica Baker
Twisted Ivy

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
-Frank Zappa
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jessica B

Respectfully,
-Jessica Baker
Twisted Ivy

-Frank Zappa
  •  

Pica Pica

Love the video, so many interesting angles of the city too.
I saw a bit of Elephant there, ever do jumping down the Heygate Estate? I walk through there most weeks and there is often groups of being hurling themselves off things.
  •  

justmeinoz

The way my cat is shedding I will be able to knit a full length coat for winter!

First though i will have to finish my first project, a scarf for my boyfriend. 
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Jessica B

Knit like the wind!!  Winter is coming to an end here!
Respectfully,
-Jessica Baker
Twisted Ivy

-Frank Zappa
  •  

Julie Marie

Quote from: Maylene on January 24, 2010, 03:03:39 PMso, what hobbies do you have?

There's never been a time in my life when I thought anyone SHOULD do something because they are this or that.  Follow your dreams, follow your heart, follow your instincts.  Do what you love.

I design and build things.  It's my passion.  Lately my focus has been on woodworking projects.  When I was working it was my job to design projects and manage them and when I was doing that, I loved my job.  When I had time, I'd do woodworking, home improvement projects, websites, anything that required design. 

I just downloaded a trial version of 20-20 Design, a program that does kitchens, closets, offices (residential and commercial) and generates very realistic 3D images.  It's better than AutoCAD and a lot easier.  I spent all day yesterday working on a kitchen design for a friend and the results were very cool.  CAD is fun but I also need to get some hands on time or I get antsy.  I'm working on a jewelry chest and a mobile food prep island for the kitchen.  I'm waiting on some new saw blades so I can start ripping the hardwood.

While nothing I do falls into typical girl stuff (except cooking) I still present female, even with my workshop attire.  Stereotypical, I'm not.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •