Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Androgynes: For or Against Fruitcake

Started by Kendall, December 14, 2006, 06:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For or against Fruitcakes (vote only one, your either for it or against it, no inbetween....decision time)(Please read first post bellow for further info)

For ...taste of Heaven
48 (47.1%)
Against...spawn of Hell
54 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Ricki

First off how much is a bucket in us dollars..
Second off i would guess cheap fruitcakes have less or no booze in them better ones have rum, the best would be 151 to just burn your tastebuds off before the nasty cake part hits them....
hehe..
actually i got one last year from the bread company.. Agghhhh
My mom loved it i thought she was nuts! hehe... :eusa_think:
think of the muscles the fedex and delivery guys build up just heaving those awful heavy things!
10-10 what a shame, where is the love!
Ricki
  •  

Shana A

I'm not a fan of fruitcake, however I did once eat one that was actually good.

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

no_id

.... Of all -dead- posts... Pica decides to bump one related to fruit cake...
... You must really love fruit cake..  ;D

*Doesn't like sweets* Thus; let it burn.
  •  

sparkles

WoW HOO i made it a draw at the moment, come on fruit cake, i do the very english thing of having a slice of cheese preferably wensledale al la wallice and grommit with mine, cracking cheese gromit
  •  

Pica Pica

worth resurrecting, it's an important and popular debate.
  •  

RebeccaFog

I shouldn't have voted. I ruined an even count.

I just think fruit cake would be better if the cake was removed and replaced by chocolate.
  •  

Shana A

QuoteI just think fruit cake would be better if the cake was removed and replaced by chocolate.

And even better still if we also removed the fruit, thus leaving only chocolate  ;D ::)

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Laurry

Quote from: Pica Pica on July 16, 2007, 04:12:30 PM
worth resurrecting, it's an important and popular debate.

"Ahh...Ahhh...Ahhh...Bussshtt!" Laurry said trying to hide it behind a sneeze.

Popular debate I'll grant, but important?  Not nearly as important as the "Are you scatterbrained" debate.  Still, the fruitcake discussion continues once again...sigh

After giving it a considerable amount of thought, (well, most of the time was spent on whether or not to, once again, engage in this conversation), I find my biggest objection to fruitcake is the nasty extremely bitter tasting candied fruit used in the cakes in the US.  The cake itself isn't that bad, and I like dried fruits, but however they make the candied fruit, causes it to be very bitter.  Even with all that, it is hard to turn down cake that has been soaking in rum for a year.  Hopefully, the alcohol will kill most of my tastebuds before they have to deal with the nasty-tasting fruit. 

....Laurry
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

candifla

I'm for it. I like lots of things now that I dislike as a kid. Fruitcake, mustard, broccoli, sauerkraut, men.
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Candi Nahasapeemapetilon on July 16, 2007, 08:54:33 PM
I'm for it. I like lots of things now that I dislike as a kid. Fruitcake, mustard, broccoli, sauerkraut, men.

men with sauerkraut on their broccoli.   :D
  •  

Tay

Quote from: Tink on December 15, 2006, 01:58:11 AM
Quote from: LaurieOTinkerbell...you are an evil evil woman...

I've heard this not too long ago.... ;D ;)  Thank you for the compliment, Laurie.  It's great to know that I am loved! :D

Quote from: Ken/Kendra on December 14, 2006, 06:01:19 PM

Okay I don't know about you kitties, but I've never, ever seen a fruitcake like the one above....where can I get a fruitcake that looks exactly like that?  in Utopia?

tinkerbell :icon_chick:

My mother and stepgrandmother make fruitcakes like that.  We eat 2-3 of them every holiday season.  Mum makes a dark one and a light one and my stepgrandma makes her top secret one.  They're usually all gone by the end of January.
  •  

Laurry

Thanks for reminding me of that one, Tink.  It does look pretty tasty.

......Laurry

P.S.  Great...now I'm wanting something sweet...Thanks again, Tink!
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

Kendall

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

•  

Pica Pica

Quote from: Rebis on July 16, 2007, 09:45:39 PM
Quote from: Candi Nahasapeemapetilon on July 16, 2007, 08:54:33 PM

men with sauerkraut on their broccoli.   :D

i spat me cream out at that, very funny. as for kens video bonanza (???blimey???)
  •  

Doc

It depends entirely on the fruitcake, really. One made with actual dried fruit instead of the glicee' sort, and without gallons of alum, but with pints of booze, is quite good.
  •  

Jessica

•  

Pica Pica

•  

Laurry

Quote from: Doc on July 17, 2007, 02:24:17 PM
It depends entirely on the fruitcake, really. One made with actual dried fruit instead of the glicee' sort, and without gallons of alum, but with pints of booze, is quite good.

So are you saying that on the Fruitcake spectrum between really awful (glicee' [whatever that is] and alum) and quite good (actual dried fruit and booze) that, like us androgynes, most fruitcakes fall somewhere in the middle?

And, please note that I did not call androgynes fruitcakes, but I am sure there are a few (with or without nuts) for which it may apply.

.....Laurry
  •  

Doc

Actually, most fruitcakes fall on the awful end of the spectrum, as they are mass produced and sold in ugly tins with pictures of cartoon santas and teddy bears and cardinal-birds wearing scarves and such on them, and given to you by people whose level of taste is right along with that.

Glicee' (I am probably spelling it wrong) fruit are those candied ones that appear to be made out of transparent rubber and taste more or less like they are. They are mysteriously bright red and green and bear no resemblence to actual fruit.

I've been known to make fruitcake. Two sorts, even, a white one and a black one. But I get real dried fruit for them. They good, though quite hard and heavy. They are even better several months later, especially if I have remembered to take them out from time to time and inject more rum into them. Lately I've forgotten. My phase of wanting to inject booze into food with syringes seems to have passed. By the way, if you are on injectable hormones you might want to re-use your syringes to inject rum into peaches.
  •