News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Packing issue-help please

Started by nuclearw1nter19, May 23, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuclearw1nter19

Hey guys,

Here's my issue. I would like to start packing more because it makes me more comfortable and my gf really likes it. BUT, every time I pack it is so uncomfortable I can't stand it-I get all sweaty and gross down there. I have a packing strap that allows the packer to touch my skin, and the packer gets sticky and tacky even though I dust it with powder. So I tried making a little pouch that goes around it so it doesnt touch skin-that helped, but barely.

I dont know if it is just having something foreign down there that makes my body kick into overdrive with moisture and sweating, but its bad. I am not sure if I pack enough if this will go away when my body gets used to it or not. Anybody have the same problem, if so, any tips?  :-\
  •  

fatalerror

I had a lot of sweating issues too, and nothing's completely solved them so far, but I did sweat more when I was using a packer strap. I really want to use one more...but it was bad enough that I was getting sores and skin problems from it.

What I currently do is actually layer my underwear - by wearing something thin like non-pocketed briefs, then boxer briefs over it, and I put the packer in between. It shifts slightly from time to time but it also allows some space between me and the packer when I need it. I've heard other guys have just tucked the packer into the pocket in their briefs but I personally am too afraid it'll fall out, hahah. If you wear boxers this wouldn't work though.
  •  

Nathan90

My boyfriend has the same problem, warm and sweaty down there with the packer.

What kind of packer do you have? Since the Mr Limpy kinds (the ones who really need powdering) aren't really made for wearing on the skin if you ask me. They get sticky when they get warm, which ofcourse happens when you wear them.

My boyfriend and I both wear the packers in home-made harnesses. It's actually a cut up boxer brief with two elastic straps attached. The packer goes in between the two flaps of fabrid so it's not against the skin and it can't fall out.

But yes.. warmish and sweaty-ish. Not sure there's much you can do about it.. maybe a different packer would help?
Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain
  •  

nuclearw1nter19

Thanks for the tips guys I will have to try that.

Nathan, Its funny you mention that because I have the extra small mr limpy. Maybe I will try another packer. Also, I find the mr. limpy sticks out kinda far and looks like I have a boner all the time cuz the shaft is so short, it makes it pretty noticeable. I have been debating on what will stick out and look more boner-ish - my extra small my limpy I have now, or a bigger packer that has a longer shaft, that way I could kinda push the shaft off to the side kinda like a bio-male does.

•  

Nathan90

Well I tend to disagree with all the problems guys seem to have with the XS Mr Limpy. ;)

See I have one myself, and I'm a rather small guy (163cm.. I forget what it was in feet and inches) but I don't have a problem with it. It started out weird but that was mostly because anything would seem big down there because I wasn't used to it. I wear the shaft to the right and it works fine like that (for me).

When the packer's lying on the table, shaft up, it even hangs too the right because it's always like that when I wear it. ;)

But if you don't want to go bigger, there's a new packer out. It's called the Masho, there's a topic a few rows down. It's a lot better at 'hanging'. Might want to look into that if you have a problem with the boner look.
Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain
  •  

aleon515

I had another thought on this. The material in the Mr. Limpy, et al. is some type of squishy polymer. I'd agree that it was never meant to be worn close to the skin for any length of time or it would be graded (e.g. commercial grade, medical grade). So if your skin is at all sensitive, you're going to need to keep these away from the skin in some way or other.

You could also go to silicon. Most prostheses are made of this and are made to handle close physical contact with them. Most of them are humungous but there is the Pac-man and the new one from Reel magik. It still could be hot though. You may be getting more heat rash than anything.

--Jay Jay
  •  

Arch

I like TranzWear, but it's kinda pricey unless you buy a three-pack and get one of the free shipping promos. I don't know how often they run those specials.

Anyway, it's Hanes underwear (I like the boxer briefs), and my packer is tucked into a post-manufacturer pouch made of a similar jersey-style fabric. I do sweat, but at least the packer isn't right next to my skin. Other guys have talked about other underwear that worked for them--you might hunt up some old threads to see what worked for whom.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Frank

Like Arch said, Tranzwear. They sew pouches on the inside of your underwear, a couple different styles. They're a little pricey just for underwear though, so I just got a sewing machine out and did it myself. Works like a charm.
-Frank
  •  

Arch

Quote from: Frank on June 04, 2012, 12:53:53 PM
I just got a sewing machine out and did it myself. Works like a charm.

Horrors!!! (Sewing machines do not like me, and the feeling is mutual.)

•  

Frank

Quote from: Arch on June 08, 2012, 04:22:38 AM
Horrors!!! (Sewing machines do not like me, and the feeling is mutual.)

My stepdad and granddad also sew, so it's kind of passed down I guess.  :D You could also just sew a pouch in with a simple needle and thread, I did that once but didn't have the patience to modify another five pair of underwear like that.
-Frank
  •  

Arch

Quote from: Frank on June 08, 2012, 10:18:52 AM
You could also just sew a pouch in with a simple needle and thread, I did that once but didn't have the patience to modify another five pair of underwear like that.

My sentiments exactly. Besides, my wrist is so dorked up that I can't even sew on a loose button without having some problems. The small, specific actions hurt more than the big ones.

•  

wheat thins are delicious

Quote from: Nathan90 on May 25, 2012, 02:48:48 AM
It's called the Masho, there's a topic a few rows down. It's a lot better at 'hanging'. Might want to look into that if you have a problem with the boner look.

Can you link me?  I've looked but I can't find it.

•  

Arch

•  

Felix

Quote from: Arch on June 09, 2012, 07:00:59 PM
My sentiments exactly. Besides, my wrist is so dorked up that I can't even sew on a loose button without having some problems. The small, specific actions hurt more than the big ones.
This derails the thread, but what did you do to your wrist? I'm experiencing similar issues, it sounds like. I got hurt in a fall so idk if it's a long-term thing, but I feel like such an old man when I have to take a break from doing normal tasks because my wrist can't handle the complexity.  :-\

To stay on-topic-ish, I'm starting to get a little anxious when I'm sitting and my jeans get pulled tight, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have a bulge or not. I don't pack and I don't want to, but that may change soon. I don't like the idea of being more high maintenance than I already am, though.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Arch

Quote from: Felix on June 10, 2012, 02:46:18 AM
This derails the thread, but what did you do to your wrist?

Repetitive motion injury from my previous career, er, job. The T really helped, but not enough. Still, I can jack off right-handed again. I couldn't do that for years.

•  

GnomeKid

I have the same issue, but with my STP so I don't really want to put fabric between me and it if I plan to use it to its full potential as I would like to someday do.  It only takes about an hour before I'm ready to rip it from my pants regardless of my surroundings. 

Its just the worst.
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

"Oh what a cute little girl, or boy if you grow up and feel thats whats inside you" - Liz Lemon

Happy to be queer!    ;)
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Arch on June 10, 2012, 04:53:59 AM
Repetitive motion injury from my previous career, er, job. The T really helped, but not enough. Still, I can jack off right-handed again. I couldn't do that for years.
Lol that's a great response. Luckily I tend to not use much wrist or finger movement for that task. T has affected a lot for me though, improving injuries I didn't know could get better.
everybody's house is haunted
  •