Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Clothing styles

Started by Susan, May 24, 2005, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Bombi on January 29, 2006, 01:36:16 AM
Developing a style has been tough for me. Thank God for my wife she keeps me from looking like a fool. Luckily we are close to the same size so I can wear her hand me downs.
We are in Hawaii for the winter so I've been wearing mostly strappy t shirts or a cami with shorts. At the beach I wear a bikini or a tankini. When we go to the pool I wear a Speedo one piece. I tried hip hugger jeans but they just didn't look good -to young.I think the strappy camisoles with the built in shelf bra look good on just about everyone.

Like yours my wife proved invaluable during my initial shopping spree's.  She kept my feet on the ground, and focused on what I should be looking for.  I can just imagine what I would have been coming home with if it weren't for her.

Now I'm OK, I've finally got "my" style down to the point where the new cloths I buy can be mixed and matched with my existing wardrobe.  I like short tapered jackets, fitted, tailored shirts and blouses, fitted tank tops, tailored pants and skirts, and as mentioned earlier, low rise ,flared jeans.

Steph
  •  

Sara

Isnt that funny cause I have been buying clothes for years and never had a problem knowing what would look good on me or what size I was, even today I see something and I know exactly what it will look like on. Dresses are a bit different than jeans but I dont really have a problem with those either. I tend to buy all of my partners clothes as well with her present of course but others have tried to buy for her even her own daughter and they get it all wrong.

Although I remember when I first started out which was about 25 years ago (16) I had some ridiculous outfits (bras that were too big or too small (I had no breasts then), shoes that were too pointy and dresses that my mother could wear), over time you tend to pick up on things and it all comes together.

I dont really have any mens clothes other than a shirt I really like that has pink stripes down it and I havent seen it on any men that I know.

Sara.
  •  

pixlchic

i have just way too many denim skirts. there are so many different variations in color and details...i love them all. some go best with black shoes or boots and others need brown.  some hit just above the knee and some are midthigh. tights in different colors and textures keep the winter chill away. i think the next category of "way too many" is pleated skirts or kilts. i can't get enough.
  •  

AllisonY2K

QuoteWhat is your favorite clothing styles. Do you perfer long skirts or short, do you like linen or lace. Are you a dress or a blue jeans type person. Talk about how your fashion choices make you, you.

Well, I usually mention at some point my style is punk/metal/goth/girlie.
I like long skirts if they're flowy. I like short skirts if they're black and pleated. both get worn with army boots because that look just rocks. I like lace because I contend you should always feel pretty, and you can't wear lacy underthings and not feel pretty, and when you feel pretty you radiate pretty. I am a blue jeans girl, with tshirts if it's a mild or cooler day, tanktops if it's hot out.

at home when I'm not looking to impress anyone, you'll find me in sweatpants because they're super-comfy. sometimes I'll take the bra off, but most times not because what if we order pizza, or what if something breaks and the delivery guy or repair guy is really cute? *blush*
  •  

Owen

Well I tend to prefer womens jeans and tops. For me thats feeling feminine. Thats all I have at the moment. I have panties and bras hosery. I'm not shure about dresses. Skirts I like both long and short for variaty. Surprisingly womens style jeans fit me well. I am a size 33 and working to get to a size 32 or 31.

Owen
  love being female ::)
  •  

Shannon

I tend to go for the hippy chic look also.  If I am at home I like to wear my string bikini swimsuits and denim skirt around the house.  Othertimes, I usually wear tight fitting low rise jeans with bell bottoms and a t-shirt top.  These make me feel very feminine.  If its warm outside I will usually wear my denim capris or Daisy Duke denim shorts shorts and a tank top.  In jeans, I fit very well in a size 9.  Tops I wear either a size large or sometimes extra large depending how its design is cut and tailored.  If I go out to an event I will usually dress up wearing heels, stockings, short skirts and a sweater.  I have not figured out what dress size I really am yet.  Seems like there are so many varibles in dress sizes from one dress manufacturer to another.  The only real way to find the correct size would be to try them on at the store. 

Shannon     

•  

slinky

Clothes....ermmmmm

I love my wardrobe..
I mainly live in boot leg jeans and T-shirts but of an evening if i'm going out it has to be my suit, jeans and shirt with a jacket or my tux...
I just love mens clothes and adore the fashion thats around at the moment..

•  

Erica

This is the hypothetical, but honestly what I could see myself wearing.

I tend to dress for comfort.  I honestly doubt I'd be that different in terms of what I wear.  Tshirts, jeans, shorts, khakis. Always a bit loose fitting.

Add in female elements?  Skirts.  Lots of skirts.  I love things like shorts, and the less fabric touching my legs the better.  So a longer skirt when it is colder out, and shorter in the warmer months.  I've done enough secret crossdressing to know I love how wearing skirts feels. For tops? Peasant girl blouses look divine - and if they are anything like the poets shirts they look like, I'm sure I'd like them.  Again, something I could really see myself wearing.

On the more formal side, things might get tougher.  But I'd love to wear Qi-Paos (Cheongsams) and Lehenga Cholis.  I adore how elegant and lovely those styles look.  But even western style gowns appeal to me.  Women's formal wear is soooooooooo much more diverse and comfortable looking than mens.  And actually leaves room for individuality!

Other things I like?  Corsets, as uncomfortable as they probably are?  They're a look I love.  I'm not sure about hip-hugger pants - as I've mentioned, I like more loose fitting clothing.  But I'd probably try them eventually.  They do look good! 

Dress-suits look good enough for me for more business formal sort of wear.

That's about all I can think of for now.
  •  

Annie Social

Not too long ago I walked into my therapist's office wearing what is pretty typical for me when I'm wanting to look nice, but not excessively dressy: A sheer lined multi-colored calf-length skirt, black long-sleeved leotard turtleneck top, pointy-toed ankle boots with 2 1/2 inch heels, and a bunch of clunky jewelry. She took one look at me, and said, "You look like a lesbian artist from San Francisco."

I thought about it and said, "Well, that works!"

Annie
  •  

sheila18

susan:
I really don't know what to call my style. Right now am wearing this black dress that clings to my body and the skirt goes 4 inches above my legs. Usually is womanly just above recognition. I have dresses that stop traffic and that is not allways the mood that am in, to be scrutinized. I know is all in my head. Some days just look like a boy and girls notice. I have boys shirts for interviews. and the rest is women everything: underwear, shoes, blouses from unisex kind of to outfits that a striper might wear to executive female suits, well the suits are out of style now. Money! MOney! that is what we girls realy need, money to buy sh--!
oh well, love sheila.
  •  

Luc

Gotta agree with Dennis... guys' clothing rocks! I have probably 10 items of women's clothing in my closet, and about 200 of guys' clothes; most of these are T-shirts, sweatshirts, and jeans, especially baggy jeans. I don't worry too much about looking gay, since I have a few nice button-down shirts that could pass for metrosexual, but I wear pretty much whatever's the most comfortable, as long as it isn't sweatsuits or anything. I have a few blazers, 2 leather jackets... I guess I'm trying to bring back the great James Dean, and I don't know what style that makes me, but I sure feel cool in it. I figure that's all that matters.

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

ssindysmith

•  

sky

It really depends on the occasion. I feel much more comfortable dressed up in a long summer dress at a wedding for example. But on a beach that would be to much, so I'd wear a bikini and light cotton scarf over it, if it gets windy.

But my all time favourite when at home is wrap around cotton skirts & tshirts.

I am definitely a hippy chick so I wear hippy chic all the time! I love the dress sense of Janis Joplin!

Love, Sky XXX

[edit]Removed site reference. - Nero[/edit]
  •  

umop ap!sdn

For a top, I generally like anything form fitting. Winter is nice because I can wear tight long sleeve tops, but here in the southwest in summertime they're out of the question. I can't wear tank tops (rather not say why) so that leaves T shirts. I'll wear women's tees every chance I get.

I like the sleek flowing feel of a long skirt, and like to wear skirts of any type/length. Jeans are also good. Basically I'll put on whatever goes best with the top I'm wearing.
  •  

Mario

Jeans. Abercrombie. Holister. The more worn & torn looking the better. With a t-shirt or if I have to look a bit nicer than a button down shirt. Plus hiking boots. That is all.

Marco
  •  

Luc

yep Marco, way to keep it simple. I can't afford those brands, so sadly it's Target and Old Navy for me, but they have a pretty good selection, and I like to think I have pretty good taste. I love the distressed look (worn) too, by the way.

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

umop ap!sdn

Ooh yeah I forgot to add - I also like to wear black; it goes with everything.
  •  

Mario

Rafe,
      Are you kidding? I get them at Their outlet stores. No way will I pay 70.00 or 80.00 for a pair of Abercrombie's or Holister. More like 29.99. Much better. You can always distress your jeans on your own if your carful ;) Although  I  have noticed that the less expensive brands are following suite and coming out with their distressed and torn up versions. All in the way of marketing.

Tink,

You sound like a very comfortable person.

Marco
  •  

Mario

Way to shop Melissa. Hit the sales. Thats what we did this weekend too.
Always have to have something new to wear on a trip ;)

Marco

•  

Mario

Even better. I used to get alot of stuff that way for my kids when they were little. Course not now, that is not cool to kids. We have to hit the mall. Personally, I like to what you are refering to. We have a nice one here more geared towards teens and people in their 20's but I wear some of that stuff too. More of the top name brand stuff but not having to pay the price.

Marco
  •