Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

So...what flavor of pagan are you?

Started by rite_of_inversion, October 12, 2010, 08:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwaters427

I have a deep love for Asatru, aka Native European Spirituality. If you don't know what that is, think Odin, Thor, Frey, Freyja, Vali, Heimdal, Bragi, etc. I always wear my favorite Mjölnir necklace. They're very LGBT friendly, even in ancient times! In fact, in the old days of Asatru, for one to become a priest or priestess (called a Gothi or Gythia, respectively) one had to live as the opposite gender for at least a year. Even some of the gods and goddesses have switched genders temporarily.

Source:

Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

laurenb

Eclectic Solitary Junkyard Buddhist Pagan here.... (and vegetarian pastafarian too!)
  •  

Tristan

I'm not pagan i'm a Agnostic-Atheist but i have spiritual beliefs although i normally hide it because it never sits well with other atheists. My best friend is wiccan i'm unsure if she considers herself pagen though. For me when i was younger i dabbled in wicca but never stuck with it or beside it in the end it didn't interest me and i didn't believe much about it although somethings i believed.
  •  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: Constance on October 13, 2010, 11:27:53 AM
Ecclectic Solitary, drawing primarily from Wicca and Asatru. My matron is Pele, my patron is Perkunas, and my Spirit Ally is the Lost Bison.

However, it's probably best to say I'm a Buddhistic-Christo Pagan and count among my spiritual ancestors the Buddha, Jesus, Mary, and Judas Iscariot.

How does one combine Wicca and Asatru? I ask because I have a deep love for Asatru as well as an interest and respect for Wicca. Are there any conflicts with that?
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

Alexx86

I have a few words and names that come to mind when it comes to my Pagan spirituality:
Eclectic
Occultism
Ordeal Path
Nature worship
Baphomet
Lilith
Herbalism

Aside from that I have been finding it hard to explain my spirituality at times.
  •  

zamber74

I'm not sure what I am, if it would even be considered paganism, I have a very rudimentary alter consisting of two candles, an incense holder, and usually a mug filled with an offering.  I don't believe in gods, I don't really have faith in anything, just a little bit of hope.  I would like to think that there is a sentient force, a law of nature that is self aware.  Something that is beyond human form, and thought, but filled with love.  When I perform a simple ritual, such as casting a circle, and offering a prayer it makes me feel a little better.  I would like to cast some simple spells, if nothing else but because it is spiritual, and gives a feeling of peace.

I would consider myself a hopeful agnostic, always seeking for something more out there :)

I've tried praying to gods, it just doesn't do it for me - I can't put a definition on something that would be so significant.  It feels almost limiting to do so.
  •  

Mia.Elora

(pokes thread... not done, yet.)

Our family has a personal pantheon.  The central Goddess (Triple) holds many things holy; the beauty of all types, people, and things, the *shiny*!innocence that comes from many different (mostly when more young) situations, Passion in both SWS and NSWS forms.  (To name a few)  She is very understanding to people who are looking for guidance, as long as you don't mind possibly finding yourself making art a bit more, of some sort...  She is married to a God of Healing and Diplomacy, and she also has a consort-spouse that is more leaning toward the passionate.  She (The Lady of the Rose) has done well by us, as we have done our best for Her. 
  •  

ghostbees

Even though I'm a pagan,I'm still kinda ignorant as to the flavours. I worship Loki bc of his blatant not giving a damn towards gender and I can relate to him a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Trisha Mills

i am Norse pagan more specifically Asatru been following the gods and goddesses since i was young
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: Trisha Mills on March 25, 2017, 02:52:02 PM
i am Norse pagan more specifically Asatru been following the gods and goddesses since i was young
Oh wow!
That sounds awesome [emoji4] what sort of thing do you do in regarding worshipping your Gods?
I'm pretty laid back

•  

Trisha Mills

Quote from: ghostbees on March 26, 2017, 05:27:08 PM
Oh wow!
That sounds awesome [emoji4] what sort of thing do you do in regarding worshipping your Gods?
I'm pretty laid back

in asatru it is pretty "laid back" in regards to worshiping the Gods and Goddesses its mostly just giving thanks for the seasons and remembering your ancestors, and just give thanks to all of them it is alil bit more complicated i am in no way a gythia one day hopefully once i have a better understanding of the runes lol; but most importantly just be the best you can be :) :)
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: Trisha Mills on April 03, 2017, 10:55:53 PM
in asatru it is pretty "laid back" in regards to worshiping the Gods and Goddesses its mostly just giving thanks for the seasons and remembering your ancestors, and just give thanks to all of them it is alil bit more complicated i am in no way a gythia one day hopefully once i have a better understanding of the runes lol; but most importantly just be the best you can be :) :)
I usually dedicate certain activities to Loki like when I draw or play cards or bingo. It's very nice to have a trickster god helping you win [emoji23]
Also I buy stuff for him and sometimes make food.
I've never used runes what are they like??

•  

IdontEven

Is Loki very reliable tho? I don't know much about him, admittedly, but it seems like he'd be as likely to help you out as to screw you over, just for the lulz. Maybe help you win a bunch and then, right at the end, snatch it all away from you just cuz it's funnier that way?

Or is he not quite so sadistic, more of a chaotic-neutral perhaps?

I know in my own relationships with the more random beings, I tend to not put much at stake (I generally don't gamble anyways), and am prepared to accept whatever random outcome happens. It usually gets amusingly weird.  ;D

I've actually started warning new friends that strange things seem to happen around me.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: IdontEven on April 07, 2017, 10:06:28 AM
Is Loki very reliable tho? I don't know much about him, admittedly, but it seems like he'd be as likely to help you out as to screw you over, just for the lulz. Maybe help you win a bunch and then, right at the end, snatch it all away from you just cuz it's funnier that way?

Or is he not quite so sadistic, more of a chaotic-neutral perhaps?

I know in my own relationships with the more random beings, I tend to not put much at stake (I generally don't gamble anyways), and am prepared to accept whatever random outcome happens. It usually gets amusingly weird.  ;D

I've actually started warning new friends that strange things seem to happen around me.
For me I'd say he's a more chaotic neutral but he definitely can screw me over if he wants more like making me see bugs that aren't there lmao
But he's pretty nice to worship I get him scarves and he loves it when I bake for him

How's your god like?
I don't interact with random spirits to my knowledge but I dabble a bit with witchcraft

•  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

As for heritage I'm a Celt (Irish, Scottish), German, and native American (Cherokee).

I wouldn't say I subscribe to any of those, but I do believe in the Greek Gods and Goddesses. So I may be considered Pagan, but I don't necessarily consider myself one. If you want to call me Pagan go for it. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Or if you're into joking about that it could be said that it's all in the eye of the beer holder. ;)
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

IdontEven

Quote from: ghostbees on April 12, 2017, 08:50:50 AM
For me I'd say he's a more chaotic neutral but he definitely can screw me over if he wants more like making me see bugs that aren't there lmao
But he's pretty nice to worship I get him scarves and he loves it when I bake for him

How's your god like?
I don't interact with random spirits to my knowledge but I dabble a bit with witchcraft

Honestly, that's a hard question for me to answer! I haven't exactly chosen one, or some - there are aspects of various interpretations that I dig, but nothing that fits into a cohesive picture. So I'm left practicing in the dark, so to speak...which is fumbling, at best. I'm doing my best to cultivate some relationships, but I've got this weird unsettled feeling regarding my spirituality - an unresolved itch to interpret things in a way that feels properly comfortable.

I don't even really know what it is I'm looking for, I have an idea, but it's proving to be vague and elusive!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •  

SforaNymph

Kemeticism which is what me and my husband are.
  •  

BT04

Late to the party, but I'm definitely a practicing animist. I firmly believe (and Know) that gods exist, and I've devoted myself to one, but... I'm kind of taking a break from honoring him while I get my life together. I work with other spirits of all sorts too, though. And I talk to my things a lot. I dunno, everything is alive to me.

Zen Buddhism is pretty rad too.
- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •