Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What is your Phobia?

Started by Janet_Girl, October 12, 2010, 11:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa89125

They are poisonous to dogs. Mine sniffed one and threw up. I hate them!

Toads also draw snakes into the yard and I hate snakes!!!

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Julia1996

Flying! I absolutely hate flying! I'm a nervous wreck until we land. I just close my eyes during take off. Once I see the plane become airborne I just start thinking how the huge, very heavy plane is not supposed to be in the air.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 22, 2019, 09:02:32 PM
Flying! I absolutely hate flying! I'm a nervous wreck until we land. I just close my eyes during take off. Once I see the plane become airborne I just start thinking how the huge, very heavy plane is not supposed to be in the air.

Julia,

Do heights bother you too? 

Phobia for me?  Well, this is not a phobia per se, but if I think a neighborhood might be really unsafe I would not feel comfortable being alone there for very long, even while driving in my car.  I do not get terrified, I simply feel uncomfortable.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lexxi

I HATE spiders!! I don't even like seeing them on television or in pictures. When I was younger and saw one on tv I'd have nightmares that night. I'm not that bad now. I can at least look at them without them disturbing my sleep.

Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on May 22, 2019, 09:31:31 PM

Julia,

Do heights bother you too? 

Phobia for me?  Well, this is not a phobia per se, but if I think a neighborhood might be really unsafe I would not feel comfortable being alone there for very long, even while driving in my car.  I do not get terrified, I simply feel uncomfortable.

Chrissy

Yes, heights bother me too!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Trypophobia really makes my skin crawl. It is a fear and loathing response to the pattern formed by the appearance of parasites in skin.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Nelumbo_Nucifera_fruit_-_botanic_garden_Adelaide.jpg/1280px-Nelumbo_Nucifera_fruit_-_botanic_garden_Adelaide.jpg

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Lexxi on May 22, 2019, 10:49:24 PM
I HATE spiders!! I don't even like seeing them on television or in pictures. When I was younger and saw one on tv I'd have nightmares that night. I'm not that bad now. I can at least look at them without them disturbing my sleep.

Lexxi

Lol.😂 this is not my phobia but it is my older brother's phobia. I have had a lot of fun with rubber spiders. I once set up a rubber spider with fishing line. When we were watching tv I reached behind the couch and made the spider drop down from the ceiling right in front of his face. Hilarious!! What makes these spider pranks so funny is that Tyler always lets out a high pitched scream.lol. he has such a deep voice that hearing such a high pitched scream come out of him is hilarious!

I know it sounds like I'm evil for doing that but Tyler has pulled MANY practical jokes on me. And he invests time and planning on his pranks. Once when I was 16 I was sitting at the table doing homework and he came up behind me with a pair of scissors. I told him to beat it and he grabbed a large piece of my hair and said he thought he would cut my hair. I told him yeah right. Then he snapped the scissors. I asked him if I was supposed to believe he actually cut my hair and he told me to be the judge and dropped a large chunk of my hair on the table right in front of me. When I saw that I freaked out of course. I ran to the bathroom and tried to see the back of my hair in the mirror but that didn't work so I went running to my dad telling him Tyler had cut my hair. He told me to calm down and let him look. He looked at my hair and even looked under it. He told me my hair was fine and that none of it was missing. Tyler had taken the hair out of my hair brushes over time and then smoothed it out and combed it so it looked like freshly cut hair. I can't even imagine how much time he spent smoothing and combing it. So I don't seem so evil now, huh? Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

LordKAT

•  

Kylo

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on May 22, 2019, 11:36:02 PM
Trypophobia really makes my skin crawl. It is a fear and loathing response to the pattern formed by the appearance of parasites in skin.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Nelumbo_Nucifera_fruit_-_botanic_garden_Adelaide.jpg/1280px-Nelumbo_Nucifera_fruit_-_botanic_garden_Adelaide.jpg

Eugh, yes, anything parasitic I have extreme aversion to. Not so much trypophobic myself but any hole with a parasite in it is a horror show.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on May 24, 2019, 08:10:09 PM
Eugh, yes, anything parasitic I have extreme aversion to. Not so much trypophobic myself but any hole with a parasite in it is a horror show.
Great to hear from you Kylo. Hope all your busy endevours are going well at the moment. I will try and put up less horrific posts from now on.

Kirsten x.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Haley Conner

I don't like looking over ledges, although when I was younger it never bothered me, and I did some pretty reckless things.  I probably put myself in danger too many times, and my brain said, knock that off!  Other than that, there isn't much.  I like bats and spiders and rodents and snakes and all that stuff.  Although I have been known to kill spiders that are poisonous, as well as little jumping spiders after one jumped into my ear.
  •  

Anastasia

Quote from: Julia1996 on May 22, 2019, 11:48:10 PM

I know it sounds like I'm evil for doing that but Tyler has pulled MANY practical jokes on me. And he invests time and planning on his pranks. Once when I was 16 I was sitting at the table doing homework and he came up behind me with a pair of scissors. I told him to beat it and he grabbed a large piece of my hair and said he thought he would cut my hair. I told him yeah right. Then he snapped the scissors. I asked him if I was supposed to believe he actually cut my hair and he told me to be the judge and dropped a large chunk of my hair on the table right in front of me. When I saw that I freaked out of course. I ran to the bathroom and tried to see the back of my hair in the mirror but that didn't work so I went running to my dad telling him Tyler had cut my hair. He told me to calm down and let him look. He looked at my hair and even looked under it. He told me my hair was fine and that none of it was missing. Tyler had taken the hair out of my hair brushes over time and then smoothed it out and combed it so it looked like freshly cut hair. I can't even imagine how much time he spent smoothing and combing it. So I don't seem so evil now, huh? Lol.

OMG. That level of effort and planning deserves a reward. This is above retaliation and deserves to be listed as a great sibling prank. But, if you did retaliate, he deserved, no questions asked.
  •  

Kylo

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on May 24, 2019, 09:39:12 PM
Great to hear from you Kylo. Hope all your busy endevours are going well at the moment. I will try and put up less horrific posts from now on.

Kirsten x.

Yep, all my academic stuff is done for the year.

The trypophobic stuff aside, watching them pull all those bugs out was strangely satisfying.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on May 25, 2019, 01:54:06 AM
Yep, all my academic stuff is done for the year.

The trypophobic stuff aside, watching them pull all those bugs out was strangely satisfying.
Studies done, that must feel good!

Also you are a sick man! (LoL)

•  

Allie Jayne

Luckily I don't have many phobias. After a lifetime of being closeted trans, the front doorbell fills me with dread. This has diminished some since I started HRT as I'm now making positive moves to come out.

Allie
  •  

Lisa89125

Allie, First thing that came to mind reading your response.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Allie Jayne

Ha! Good one Lisa. It was especially hard for me as I hate not answering a phone or door knock. I would freeze and wonder if they had heard me inside. Scary wait until they left.

Allie
  •  

MaryT

My main phobia is being afraid to tell people what my phobias are.

Mind you, it may not be a real phobia, as the thought that people might use the knowledge to play tricks on me could be a rational fear.
  •