Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Reading material

Started by Chaunte, September 26, 2005, 10:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite type of book?  Fote for two!

Romance
9 (39.1%)
Science Fiction
28 (121.7%)
Fantasy
20 (87%)
Biographies
5 (21.7%)
Historical Fiction
5 (21.7%)
How-To books (remodeling to cooking)
7 (30.4%)
Technical/Science
19 (82.6%)
Humor
8 (34.8%)
Feel Good books (Like Chicken Soup for the ...)
3 (13%)
Anime
7 (30.4%)
Other
15 (65.2%)
Mystery
8 (34.8%)
History (non-fiction)
18 (78.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Tesseract Allen

Quote from: Yakshini on April 14, 2011, 06:43:50 PM
I didn't see horror as an option, which is my favourite genre. I'll read just about anything, but I'm always looking for some good horror or speculative fiction (as oppose to science fiction).

A man after my own heart...

I'm in to Sci-fi in genreal and Horror, I absolutely love horror (Psudopod/Drabblecast Look em up!!!).
Twitter: Transmogrofied
  •  

kelleystorm

I like mysteries and horror and psych books.  I'm reading My Bipolar Road Trip in 4D by Lizzie Simon.
  •  

Janet_Girl

•  

Pica Pica

I put history and other, the other stands for classic fiction (in particular books from the eighteenth century). Noticed there was no option for general/contemporary fiction there either.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Lisbeth

I found it hard to choose between Fantasy and Science Fiction because there is so much overlap. But me? I'm a sucker for a good romance.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

Hikari

Well, it's called manga when read not anime, but I assume that is what is meant. I read alot of manga, I am especially fond of shoujo yuri, but I read many genres of manga.

I also read a bit of philosophy and political philosophy, Marx, Nietzsche, Engels, Lenin, Gus Hall, and the classical philosophers sometimes too. I have been alot less interested in this stuff for the past two years, after I gave up on the idea of rational thought as something to legitimize my behavior, now feelings are the only thing that really matter all that much to me.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

silverarrow

Manga and fantasy. My top two.

I love Naruto and since its not on tv anymore I'm reading it.

I also have a new favorite author, Cinda Williams Chima. I love her Seven Realms series, its amazing :D
  •