Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

arm hair

Started by rfhaas, July 18, 2014, 09:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfhaas

Does anybody shave their arms. Mine aren't especially hairy but I'm not sure. I won't be starting HRT until the winter. Will that be enough?
  •  

Hikari

I only know a couple of ciswomen that shave their arms, but most ciswomen don't have arm hair that is very dark or plentiful either. I used to shave mine, but I epilated them a while back and it seems like the hairs that are returning are clear and soft, and if they stay that way then I won't bother with shaving them again.

When I shaved them, no one noticed, so people must not pay that close attention to how hairy arms are. In any case I liked the smooth feeling of being hairless lol, it was kinda annoying to have yet something else I had to do regularly for hair removal, but it wasn't so bad.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

EllieM

I used to wax mine, but HRT is sometimes magical and the hair that grows there now is (echo in here?) finer and sparse.
  •  

awilliams1701

I did on accident. When I was working on my legs, I accidentally got some of the cream on my arms. I said what the hell and went for it. Even I can't see the difference. I can feel it though. When it starts to grow back its like having a beard on your arm. You can feel the stubble brushing against everything. I've maintained them a couple of times now. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep them as they are.
Ashley
  •  

Evienne

I do. Surprised I didn't' find more people saying they do as well. Had to make a meme just to express my feelings. :laugh:
But I really don't like hair growing on me anywhere other than my head so I always shave it off, and that includes arms.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

JulieBlair

I still use my epilator once or twice a month on my arms.  The goal is not to have shiny clean arms but to keep the look light and feminine.  As I type this it seems silly, but I do it and am probably going to keep doing it. :laugh:
I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy.  :D
Full Time 18 June 2014
Esprit can be found at http://espritconf.com/
  •  

rfhaas

Does the epilator work well. That sounds like what I want, not smooth,  just a little less furry
  •  

JulieBlair

Yes, it works well for me.  Hurts some the first time though.  Here is what I do
1.  Using a beard trimmer cut all the hair on my arm to about 3/16".  That gives them all an equal chance of being removed.
2.  Run the epilator lightly over my arm until I like the result.  That means leaving some hair on the top, and clearing the sides and bottom.  It gets easier over time.  HRT does reduce the coarseness and the density.  This is just to make the fur less furry  :)

j
I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy.  :D
Full Time 18 June 2014
Esprit can be found at http://espritconf.com/
  •  

EllieM

Tried epilator, Neet, shaving, NoNo... still prefer to wax.
  •  

TaoRaven

I used to every day in the shower. Then I started using my iLight in areas where I didn't ever want it to grow back. Then HRT made the rest of it light and fine so it looks natural.

I love the fine blonde hairs now...they are  a reminder of my progress :-)
  •  

whatever

My arm hair is very fine after 1 yr. hormones but I still shave them. I love the feel after moisturizing and I like that that shaving them has an exfoliating effect.
  •  

immortal gypsy

I've shaved mine for a long time in high school due to epilepsy before I even thought about coming out. If I had a rough patch that medical tape become very tiresome to tear off, not to mention sometimes painful
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

Gina Taylor

I shave mine with a razor twice a month. I'm fortunate to have fine hair on my arms, so it doesn't take long.
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

rfhaas

Thanks all for the input. I'm still not sure what I will.do but I feel better about doing it if that's what I decide. :)
  •