Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT affect on body hair

Started by miya5, June 03, 2015, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miya5

Hello, I did not see a post like this so here goes.

I was wondering if you ladies could give me an idea on how each of your bodies reacted to HRT in regards to body hair.
I know that the face is a lost cause, but what I am looking for is an idea on how the body hair goes to the light  hair from the thick hair? Are there areas like back and chest  that don't change? Did it only change after it was shaved/waxed then grew back lighter?

hugs,
Miya
  •  

Mariah

Body hair can be affected by it over time. As with anything related to HRT everyone's millage will very. Most of my body hair has slowed growth wise and softer. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Rachel

Hi,

I had no hair on my back and very minimal on my chest. My chest hair is now blond and small. I had a female triangle, not a diamond pattern, in my private area. So even my lower stomach is good. My leg hair got sparse and grows slow. I just shave my legs 1 time a week. My under arm hair is almost all gone and grows slow and I just shave that area every week or two.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Tiffanie

Before HRT I looked like I was the lovechild of a Wookie and a Sasquatch.  What little hair that is left is very fine and very light colored.  I've been on HRT for 2 years and the hair just seems to go away a little at a time.  I do know others who have had much less of a change in body hair ... there is no specific predictor. 

miya5

Thanks for all the info. I hope i have good luck once i start HRT.
hugs
Miya
  •  

katrinaw

I used to be very hairy back and front, through HRT the front and back hair has all gone, Arm hair is fairer and more downy, lower leg hair and buttock hair has reduced significantly, upper leg hair has lessened, but still an epilation experience  :P

L Katy  :-*
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

kelly_aus

Hormones and a few wax jobs left me with female standard hair in most places.. Pubic hair has changed. Leg hair is sparser and slower to grow.. Underarm hair is also sparser and slower growing..

The one thing that hasn't changed? My eyebrows, if left to their own devices, they will soon turn in to a monobrow caterpillar.. lol
  •  

Picklehorse

My body has already changed quite dramatically -> less, finer and softer. I'm only on anti-androgens at this point.

•