News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Ranting.

Started by azSam, October 23, 2010, 04:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azSam

I'm into guys, I must be gay... WRONG!

It's "her", not "him... errr her"... every single time, they do that.

It's "Samantha", not "Brian .... errr sam/sammi"!

I have a boyfriend, he is quite straight, not into guys... "Oh so he's gay?", no he's not, "he's bi?", no.... "Well I don't understand, how can he be into you if he is straight?", HE LIKES GIRLS, I'M A GIRL.

People seem uncomfortable with the pronouns and seem to purposely mess it up and fix it to make it less "awkward" for them. Hey, get used to it, It's gonna be that way for the rest of your life. Same thing with the name. And it's not really a matter of time, because I've been out for almost 2 years, and I've been transitioning slowly since then.

I've made huge strides toward my goal in the past 8 months. I'm Samantha, I am a girl, She, Her. And I'm not "gay" because I'm into guys. I'm not offended by it, but I am irritated that there is such a glaring misconception about me. Seeing me as gay because I'm into guys means that they still see me as a guy, and yes that frustrates me.

My family all supports me, I know that's a huge blessing not everyone is afforded. I really am thankful for it. But I find myself increasingly frustrated about the situation. I vocalize my feelings, and they understand, but they seem to make no effort to really fix it.

On another note. I had a dream, one of the rare ones that I actually remember. I was a girl, shopping or something. I saw myself in the mirror, I had an entirely different hair cut, with dyed black hair (I already have very dark brown). I woke up and I was a bit disoriented, then in a funk because I'm still a ways off from looking like I did in my dream.

Oh well, thanks for letting me rant. I love you all  ;D
  •