Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Does not work with transgenders

Started by cynthialee, October 25, 2010, 09:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cynthialee

Recently I had an apointment with a urologist lined up to see ablout getting an orchi due to medical issues with them and the fact I am MTF kinda gives me an added reason to have them removed.
Anyways my apointment was canceled 2 days before the apointment without a reason given. When I pressed the issue I was told 'the doctor does not work with Transgenders'.
I was livid.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Miniar

This is simply discrimination, 'specially given that you have a medical basis for their removal on top of the trans thing, is there any legal action you can take?

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

cynthialee

I have no clue. I do live in Washington state where T's are protected people but I do not know if it trumps a doctors right to refuse service.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Janet_Girl

If you have a life treating need and he refused, you can get him.  But If not then just move on. 

Dr. Nguyen here in Portland does them, right in his office.  Requires two letters.
  •  

cynthialee

Quote from: Janet Lynn on October 25, 2010, 10:29:01 AM
If you have a life treating need and he refused, you can get him.  But If not then just move on. 

Dr. Nguyen here in Portland does them, right in his office.  Requires two letters.
I have talked to him and from what I gather bassed on my medical history I will not need letters. A referal from my doctor for the issues I have should suffice.
But that would come out of my pocket as he does not accept medicare.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Debra

I've heard similar crap about doctors that do BA. So friggin annoying, it shouldn't be legal IMHO

•