Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Moderating Options and Sub-Section

Started by A, November 11, 2010, 10:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

I may be blind, but despite the fact I am supposed to moderate my blog, I cannot find any more options than in the other forums ! I cannot pin topics or move topics. I did look where Colleen Ireland was told to look, but there is nothing. I can lock a topic but not pin or move it.

EDIT : I cannot post in my locked threads, either ! :/

EDIT 2 : Test topic proves I cannot moderate anyone's posts, either.

Plus, could I get the sub-section "Comments and discussions" I asked for in my blog request ? I want people to be able to comment my posts, but not on the main topics, because a new post in these would mean an update.

Thank you !
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

A

Update.

The issues are still present. Could someone look into them, please ?
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Janet_Girl

Quote from: A on November 11, 2010, 10:17:08 AM
I may be blind, but despite the fact I am supposed to moderate my blog, I cannot find any more options than in the other forums ! I cannot pin topics or move topics. I did look where Colleen Ireland was told to look, but there is nothing. I can lock a topic but not pin or move it.    At the bottom of the thread is a button marked " Set Topic Sticky"

EDIT : I cannot post in my locked threads, either ! :/  You would have to unlock it to add to it and then relock it.

EDIT 2 : Test topic proves I cannot moderate anyone's posts, either.  I am not sure anyone can other than a member of staff. send a PM to Nero

Plus, could I get the sub-section "Comments and discussions" I asked for in my blog request ? I want people to be able to comment my posts, but not on the main topics, because a new post in these would mean an update.  Set a topic that says "Comments and Discussions" and then lock the other topics.  But no one else has a section for comments.  They usually go in the thread itself.

Thank you !
  •  

A

-I cannot find the button.

-Aw, too bad. That's why I prefer IPB forums.

-PM sent.

-Less practical, but okay. D: (Maniac mode, off.)
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Janet_Girl

At the bottom of the actual thread you have written.  :)

•  

A

A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Britney_413

I'm trying to make a topic sticky as well and the button is not there. Please help, thanks.
  •  

AweSAM!

Yeah, Brtiney, I have the same issue as you and A. Contact a moderator or an admin, and they'll sticky/make whatever changes you need to be made. This seems to be an issue that can't be fixed in the time being, so for now, we must rely upon the gods, also known as the moderators and administrators. Fortunately for us, they aren't capricious. :) They are the best, and for now, they'll do the 'heavy lifting'.

Britney_413

They were pretty fast for handling my requests so I'm thankful for that. I hope they do get it fixed though because I hate to have to bother them over the nuts and bolts of blog maintenance. Thanks admins for your help on all of this though.
  •