Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Loss of appetite, nausea and weight loss since starting T

Started by austin86, November 22, 2010, 01:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austin86

so pre T i had a huge appetite, i was never full...constantly eating and i weighed about 150 lbs. Now, ive been on T for 6 months and my appetite isnt even there anymore. I take two or three bites and im stuffed and sick to my stomach. Its so weird. I heard so many bros saying how their appetite increased on T and i was like oh god for someone with an appetite like mine pre T im going to be a beast, but thats not the case. I am now down to 130 pounds too, so ive lost 20 pounds. Ive never heard of this and i brought it up to my family doctor and she was just like "thats weird, heres some anti-nausea pills". So i dunno whats going on but i find it very coincidental that it all happened when i started T. Have any bros experienced this and should i be worried? A couple of my bros said it could be my liver but im not sure. im on an average dose of T and since ive been on T i havent got my levels tested which i thought was weird, my endo just doesnt seem concerned with it but insisted i get a chromosome test, weird, i know. but next time i go in i am going to demand a T level check.
  •  

JesseA

how long have you been on T?

i had some nausea too but no loss of appetite thats for sure.....
"They just want to see what happens when they tear the world apart. They want to change things."
  •  

Lachlann

My appetite didn't increase at all, but I found that I was more sensitive to unhealthy food. I'm not sure if it's age or if it's the T, but maybe it's your diet.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

alex408

Quote from: Austin James on November 22, 2010, 01:09:00 AM
so pre T i had a huge appetite, i was never full...constantly eating and i weighed about 150 lbs. Now, ive been on T for 6 months and my appetite isnt even there anymore. I take two or three bites and im stuffed and sick to my stomach. Its so weird. I heard so many bros saying how their appetite increased on T and i was like oh god for someone with an appetite like mine pre T im going to be a beast, but thats not the case. I am now down to 130 pounds too, so ive lost 20 pounds. Ive never heard of this and i brought it up to my family doctor and she was just like "thats weird, heres some anti-nausea pills". So i dunno whats going on but i find it very coincidental that it all happened when i started T. Have any bros experienced this and should i be worried? A couple of my bros said it could be my liver but im not sure. im on an average dose of T and since ive been on T i havent got my levels tested which i thought was weird, my endo just doesnt seem concerned with it but insisted i get a chromosome test, weird, i know. but next time i go in i am going to demand a T level check.

That's REALLY interesting to hear someone bring this up.  Up until about the 8th month mark i thought i was going to have to stop taking T because I had so much nausea.  It got better though.  I still don't have that much of an appetite. I went from 157 to 125 in a year
  •  

Cindy

Hi Guys,

Loss of appetite may not be due to T, and weight loss can be a symptom of other things. I'm not in anyway being an alarmist but go to your family Dr and tell them and get a physical and full bloods.

Kisses

Cindy
  •  

austin86

its good to hear that your nausea stopped Alex, gives me some hope and im sure you feel a heck of alot better which is good. and will do Cindy :)
  •  

Robert Scott

Gosh,I hope I am one of those folks who has a loss of apettite...so would help with my diet!  Jan. 18th can come soon enough!
  •  

insideontheoutside

This is something that should definitely be brought up with a doctor. Not everyone has the exact same experience with taking hormones. Loss of appetite could be a side effect of the T but it could also be something else. And that's not a normal, healthy state, so you should definitely go into the doc and explain what's been going on - don't "wait it out" to see if it gets better.
"Let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive."
  •  

Lee11

There could be some aromatisation of the testosterone going on with you...just a thought....
I am a writer for several bodybuilding/ fitness and doctors websites and diet/supplement consultant.
I am also a personal assistant to a, Registered Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator.

Through my work and experience I want to be able to help the transgender community
  •