Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What do you do for that "time of the month"?

Started by Devyn, November 19, 2010, 07:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tad

Mine are normally preceded by a couple days of cramping... so generally when that cramping hits I start using protection. However it's farking annoying... for example as right now... when the crampings been going on for 10 days now.. and no read death. My cycles messed up... but since the only indication that I'm going to start bleeding is those cramps.. I'd rather be safe then sorry. I haven't been caught unaware and unprotected since.. grade 7.
  •  

insideontheoutside

You could carry a messenger bag. Plenty of dudes have those.
"Let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive."
  •  

Inkwe Mupkins

I put pads in my bag but other than that I dont know what to tell ya. I've been on the Rag everyday for 9 1/2 years never stopped for even one day so I wear a pad everyday. I'm on T but it shur ain't stopped nothing and I've been on it for 3 months.
Islam means peace.
  •  

Morgan

Quote from: mcalistershaun on November 20, 2010, 03:33:59 PM
I put pads in my bag but other than that I dont know what to tell ya. I've been on the Rag everyday for 9 1/2 years never stopped for even one day so I wear a pad everyday. I'm on T but it shur ain't stopped nothing and I've been on it for 3 months.

... Dude, that's crazy. What does your doctor say about that? Were there no meds to stop it? Hopefully T will eventually stop it..

I keep my stuff in my center console in my car, in case I start when I'm not at home. I use those extra thick pads so that I don't have to think about it all day. They work considerably well seeing as I have a rather heavy flow.

Spread the love rainbow
Like a wet cat on a windowpane
  •  

Inkwe Mupkins

Well over the past 9 years the doctors didn't want to do anything. They said give it a few more years and it would never stop and few years they'd say just give a few more years. My periods have gotten slightly heavier on T but I'm i super low dosage. My estrogen count went from 90 to 395 and T count went from 60 to 100. My estrogen count has more than tripled which is why my periods have gotten heavier.

I have an appoint. on Dec 7 for dosage increase maybe he will give me some estrogen blockers.
Islam means peace.
  •  

Morgan

Man, I hope that the higher dose and possible E blockers help you. That's really sucky. Good luck!

Isn't a bio woman's T level supposed to be a lot lower than 60, though? Like, somewhere below 10?  ???

Spread the love rainbow
Like a wet cat on a windowpane
  •  

JohnR

Quote from: mcalistershaun on November 20, 2010, 03:57:54 PM
Well over the past 9 years the doctors didn't want to do anything. They said give it a few more years and it would never stop and few years they'd say just give a few more years. My periods have gotten slightly heavier on T but I'm i super low dosage. My estrogen count went from 90 to 395 and T count went from 60 to 100. My estrogen count has more than tripled which is why my periods have gotten heavier.

I have an appoint. on Dec 7 for dosage increase maybe he will give me some estrogen blockers.

T count is supposed to be between 190 and 320 for us.
  •  

insideontheoutside

Man I'd find another doctor who doesn't just write that off. That can give you other health probs like anemia, etc. Never mind the fact that it's just not supposed to be that way.
"Let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive."
  •  

GnomeKid

Quote from: insideontheoutside on November 20, 2010, 06:59:34 PM
Man I'd find another doctor who doesn't just write that off. That can give you other health probs like anemia, etc. Never mind the fact that it's just not supposed to be that way.

+1 I've heard of it going on for almost a month before, and even then my friends doctor was concerned. 
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

"Oh what a cute little girl, or boy if you grow up and feel thats whats inside you" - Liz Lemon

Happy to be queer!    ;)
  •  

BloodLeopard

I carry them in backpack and car compartment. When I am on it and need to change? I carry them in my pockets. Then again, I wear like... pants with alot of pockets. If my mate is around, she carries them in her messenger bag.

Other than that, I just kinda cry.

Omfg. Just.. omfg. I've have a 17 day long period. And I'm going on 15 day. I feel like complete and utter suicide at these times. How the hell do you manage this. ;_; My hugest sympathies and my heart goes out to you. I really hope you can find something to do for it. I don't know why they haven't given you a hysto.
  •  

ilanthefirst

Sorry to be "Mr. Menstrual Cup" here, but as an FYI, cups can be worn before your period starts because they don't pose a risk of TSS, and there's nothing to carry because it's internal.  If you can use tampons, you can probably learn to use a cup, too, but if you can't deal with something internal it's obviously out of the question.  Anyway, if it sounds like a possibility, give this site a read: http://www.andustar.com/misc-cups.html

Personally, I do the "carry pads in cargo pockets" thing if I'm expecting it and keep an emergency pad in my backpack just in case I'm caught totally off-guard.  When I was in high school, I carried the emergency one in a small, black plastic bag in my backpack, but now I just keep it in a well-hidden pocket in the bookbag. 
  •  

Dominick_81

Quote from: Devyn on November 19, 2010, 07:43:52 PM
I started my period today at school (it was incredibly awkward. It took ten minutes to find the nurse's office and I started hyperventilating in the hallway because I'm a guy who has periods and that just doesn't work.) When I finally found the nurse's office and asked for a pad, I began to wonder, you know, what if I start again? I can't just keep going to the nurse for pads.

What do you guys do for that, uh, time of the month? I mean, I'm sure you guys don't carry purses, so do you just stick tampons or pads in your pocket or what? I've just been lucky about always starting while I'm home.

I'd say if you know around the time your gunna get it, just where a pad so your prepared, that way you don't have to carry it around with you.
  •  

Kohitsu

Like Ilan said, I use a cup. I think they are really great, but of course if you're squeamish about touching down there, it might not be for you. But ever since using a cup, I notice I'm bleeding 2.5 times less than I used to, and I experience no more back pain (I never experienced cramps or PMS so that was never a problem for me). Cups have literally changed my life and made periods much more managable, it's like I don't even have a period anymore.
  •  

colormyworld

I agree on the cup, it's really saved my sanity! I just pop it in when I think the bleeding might start and I only need to deal with it once a day.
  •