Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

T shots and pain?

Started by Cody Jensen, November 18, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody Jensen

Sean: "Daily nature of the gel"? So I'd have to apply the gel every day whereas if I took the shot it would only be once every two weeks? That kind of does suck but I guess I wouldn't mind. I'd much prefer it over needles. Someone else also mentioned it was more expensive than needles I think...I don't remember though?
Derp

"I just don't know what went wrong!"
  •  

kyril

There are a lot of disadvantages to gel. It's every day, it smells, it takes quite a long time (it has to completely dry before you put clothes on, bathe, or touch anyone/anything), and there are serious safety concerns for partners, pets, and children. Make sure you're able to be responsible with gel before choosing it. Last thing you want is to deal with a puppy on T.

The advantages are pretty strong too - the more stable T levels, not having to do injections, etc. But for most of us they don't outweigh the disadvantages.

•  

xAndrewx

Also from everything I have seen and read the changes on gel come at a slower rate. Everything Kyril said is correct and yes from what I've seen gels and creams are more expensive than injections.

Snowdoggy

Hi Josh,

Just an answer to your original question, ignoring the gel discussions etc that have gone along the way.

Other than the fact you say you have a problem with needles they can be a complete doddle and from what I have heard much easier to deal with than gels etc.

I only have my shots every 16 weeks now I am on Nebido. I used to have them every 2-3 weeks on Sustanon. Although Nebido injections are much larger doses, though I can't say what they are on here.

I'm sorry to say this but of you can't deal with this you will never deal with chest surgery and more so lower surgery if you ever require either of these stages. If this is not a problem please excuse me.

These surgeries involve much more pain AND needles/injections than any T shots. I honestly was not happy about any of this, hate injections myself too BUT if you want to get there you HAVE to accept this OR use gels for the rest of your life.

IMO a shot in your butt, where you have little feeling, every 16 weeks (with Nebido), then you can get on with your life with no worries must be better than gels? I don't like needles either by the way.

John
  •  

Miniar

Fibro sufferer here... I live at about a 5 or 6 on a "normal" day.

The shots themselves cause a little spike in my pain level, and the muscle's generally a little sore for a day or two after, but then I'm doing Nebido and that's a very large volume per shot, so your results may vary.
I'd peg the spike at a value of about 1 or 2.. but that means I'm at about 7 for up to 24 hours after the shot, which is a small price to pay imo.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Sean

Quote from: Josh T on November 22, 2010, 10:32:33 PM
Sean: "Daily nature of the gel"? So I'd have to apply the gel every day whereas if I took the shot it would only be once every two weeks? That kind of does suck but I guess I wouldn't mind. I'd much prefer it over needles. Someone else also mentioned it was more expensive than needles I think...I don't remember though?

Yep, every day.
And it is more expensive.
And people seem to agree that changes happen faster for most people with injections.
And the gel is *dangerous* to children, women, and pets. It is a serious responsibility to apply it properly.

I am not a doctor. This is not medical advice. Here is my take:

Plan to start out with injections.

Work toward desensitizing yourself to seeing self-injections. For me, this meant watching you-tube videos in small doses when I previously cringed at watching needles and injectons. For a buddy of mine who learned from someone who is an RN, he had access to a practice needle &" harmless" drug to inject...an orange. You get used to seeing and/or handling needles if you can.

Someone else gives the first one anyway (the doctor or nurse or whomever at the clinic or health care practitioner). 

You give yourself injections for the beginning 6-8 weeks (that's only 2 or 3 shots you have to do) til blood work checks out your levels. 2 or 3 shots? You can do that. Then you start to see how you are doing, improving, if it is actually painful or psychologically hard for you during these first few months. Your attitude in general will have changed anyway, because now you are on T. Hopefully, with all that, you're no longer needle spooked.

After getting the benefits of starting up on injections (and working up to a full dose in the beginning months for some people), now the decision to use needles versus gel is about whether you're getting the right delivery from the injections. Are the hormone levels coming in right? how are your side effects? how is the masculinization process going? Etc. Is there a reason to switch to gel? Discuss with doctor along the way as your dosage is monitored. And of course, if you're still freaked out about needles or experiencing pain for whatever reason from the injections that you find too much to handle, then...look at gel.

To me, this makes a lot more sense than convincing yourself that you cannot handle needles in advance, and that you need gel.
In Soviet Russa, Zero Divides by You!
  •