Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

confused *how i am getting on*

Started by rexyrex, May 20, 2011, 01:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexyrex

not sure if this is the right place to post sorry if it isnt.

Im now so confused what do i class as? a tomboy, gender identity, or crossdresser

i do feel like a guy stuck in a girl body *Hate saying girl* wear boys cloths and act like one and i pass like one, as i haven't seen anyone about it yet and i really really hate my voice.

and an other one im confused about the CV what do i put in as male or female, i dont want to lie to them, but i just hate using female also i want to change my name.
  •  

spacial

Hi Rex

It might be a good plan to think about talking to a therapist quite soon. You are clearly getting stuck of some essential questions and sometimes we can all do with a bit of support to clear the thinking blocks, so to speak.

As for saying what sex you are, I understand in the US, you will need to say whatever is on your documents.

Best of luck.
  •  

rexyrex

was thinking of seeing someone soon, do i need to see a gp/doctor 1st before they send me to the therapist?
  •  

spacial

I would think that would be sensible. If you live in any part of Europe, it will probably be the only way.

Remember to ask to see a gender councillor. If the person you are referred to isn't a gender councellor, then make sure they are ready to deal with these issues.

I will also suggest you try to stick to the point, the matter in hand. I'm sure that, like every person in existance, you have a number of issues from a mother who didn't understand you, to a father who was distanct and so on. That's life. But you have this issue to deal with.

I'm sorry, I've had a think and realised that is the wrong advice. It may just end up with you being pushed away.

Ask your GP for some help with your gender issues. Go to the therapist they refer you to and talk openly and honestly.

Tell them what you need and spend some time talking about the issues.

Tell us here, how you get on.
  •  

rexyrex

ok thank you it might help with my confusing mind, i dont have a father, but only one of my big sister know as i told her how i felt long time ago i just told mum how i feel but i cant remember what she said i think she said i need to go and see someone too.

My bf he knows but he not 100% sure about it.

will let you know how i get on thank you spacial
  •  

rexyrex

Went to see the doctor last week, but need to see him again next week, and i have told my boyfriend on how i felt he seems to understand and taking it well.
  •  

kate durcal

It seems from your post that you are a man. Seeing a good therapist is the best way to sort out things, good luck man

Kate D
  •  

spacial

Rex.

The first step on your journey. Really pleased for you as I know everyone here will be.
  •  

rexyrex

yeah well i got really confuse and got stuck in a loop but since i seen the doctor, and been away and saw a friend who is also a ftm which helps me load! So i now know the fact im a man, so im guessing i would be a trangender full time but not going on t or having any top or bottom op/pre-op yet.

thanks Kate D.
  •  

spacial

It's really good to hear you've come to some resolutions. The worst thing any of us can do is ignore these issues, because they are difficult to face up to.
  •  

rexyrex

Quote from: spacial on May 29, 2011, 05:34:10 PM
It's really good to hear you've come to some resolutions. The worst thing any of us can do is ignore these issues, because they are difficult to face up to.

yeah but you'll have to face it some times soon, but it does feel good now it been sorted and out of my chest
  •  

rexyrex

seen a doctor a few times now, he sent a letter to the gender therapy and they need an other letter from or to the psychiatrist so it getting there.
but i did have a letter back saying they need a body checkup and blood tests.
  •  

spacial

Quote from: rexyrex on June 23, 2011, 06:49:06 AM
seen a doctor a few times now, he sent a letter to the gender therapy and they need an other letter from or to the psychiatrist so it getting there.
but i did have a letter back saying they need a body checkup and blood tests.

They will need to know if your body can tolerate the medicines you will need and probably want.

While these are comparitively safe for most people, for some, they are not.

But it's better to be safe than sorry.

Great news.
  •  

rexyrex

yeah it is :D, but i never done anything like this before even with the blood test, but it got to be done.
  •  

Incongruous

Oh for the day when we can do brain transplants and all the t-guys can swap out with the t-girls.  Heehee. :D
  •  

kim99962

cannot wait for that day when they can do brain transplants
  •  

kate durcal

Quote from: kim99962 on July 02, 2011, 12:10:53 PM
cannot wait for that day when they can do brain transplants

Hey Kim,

Do not mean to high jack the thread but r u 35

Kate D
  •  

eshaver

Rexyrex, I've heard the term "Gender- Bender " perhaps  mabye thats approperate . I hate labels anyway ! ellen
See ya on the road folks !!!
  •  

rexyrex

i haven't heard of that before.

Update: just seen a different doctor, as the one i normally see is away on holiday for 2 weeks  :eusa_wall:

Anyway the other doctor was so much better and willing to help and put things through fast as they can, so im off for my blood test on Friday, also i told the doc if it was ok to use my male name insed of my birth name when calling out in the waiting room, so hopefully they will be starting to use it from now on
  •  

rexyrex

Had my blood test last week, all went well just waiting for a letter now. also had a talk to them about them changing my name and gender and changing miss into mr as apraly they said it the law or something and if i wish to change it they must do it. 

P.s can this be moved to the ftm topic if possable?
  •