Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

EVERYBODY DANCE NOW

Started by Janet_Girl, November 15, 2010, 10:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet_Girl

Have everybody, it is time to get up and boggy.

•  

Nero

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Lacey Lynne

Did you say ... DANCE?

Well, let us turn to those little-known but maximal-masters of yore, The Nicholas Brothers.  Of course, we've gotta blast to the past about 70 years or so to do it, but it'll be worth the trip.

Also, groove to the absolutely inimitable Cab Calloway.  Meet the only two people who could wear out dance legend Gene Kelly back in the Golden Age of Hollywood.  Think you can REALLY dance?  Imitate these guys.  Meet the Mighty Mites of Dance.  You've just gotta see these guys:

And, then there's Vera & Gene ... from The Golden Age of Hollywood.  Vera-Ellen is my all-time favorite dancer.  Only Eleanor Powell and Cyd Charisse were in her league.  Eleanor Powell was The Power Dancer.  Cyd Charisse was Liquid Motion.  Vera-Ellen was The Joy of Dance ... vim, verve and vivacity in every step ... complete and poetic motions ... Little Miss Magic on the dance floor.  Gene Kelly was that era's most athletic (... with the exception of the Nicholas Brothers ...) dancer and its most creative.  Yours truly was built like Gene is here in peak guy mode some years ago.  A year into HRT, and my wife says I have legs like Vera-Ellen.  My gender counselor said that too.  Damn, I'm thrilled!  Watch this ... low sound level.  Gene's from my hometown too ... Brownie Points for that!

Many of you here are too young to have seen this.  You owe it to yourself to check it out.  Dancing?  Entertainment?  Spectacle?   IN SPADES!  Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney and master coreographer Busby Berkeley will get you outta your chair and boppin' around the room.  Prepare for a good time:

Sometimes, there's just nothing like the classics.  Easy to appreciate WHY they're the classics.

:)   Lacey

Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •  

V M

LOL...

LET'S DANCE

DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY

DANCING IN THE STREET

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

AweSAM!

For all us of a more contemporary taste. ;)