Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

F6600 instead of F6400, is it enough?

Started by caliyr, February 03, 2012, 09:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caliyr

So, I already have the gyneologic and psychiatrist's opinion, and I went to this hospital, I stayed in for a week and I got the opinion today. On the psychiatrist, it is F6400- transsexuality, but on this one it is F6600, Im not sure what its official name in English, some kind of "disturbance of sexual maturation".

The question is, do you think I can hand in my request for name and sex change, and as well tell my surgeon to appoint date for my surgery, and hormon treatment, etc etc?
  •  

spacial

I get the feeling this is way beyond most of our competance really. I have never heard of either category and we don't know which society you come from, not the sort of standards your Drs work under.

Can you supply some more comprehensive information?
  •  

caliyr

well Im not sure. I mean I could quote it but I am not yet at home and it is written in a way... well lets say its very hard to understand what side does the opinion support. I think I just have to go to another one.. again. Doctors in this part of the country never seen any transgendered patient, so maybe thats why...
  •  

spacial

Probably caliyr.

What I don't understand are the terms F6400 and F6600.

But if these Drs have never dealt with a transgender patient then that might be a difficulty.

Can you download some decent information and give it to them? Which country are you in and which language? (I understand if you would rather not aswer the last questions).
  •  

Felix

This might be some kind of internal coding system. I've never heard of it.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

JoanneB

And I thought a posting to the Ford Truck Forum got misplaced  :P
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

caliyr

Quote from: spacial on February 10, 2012, 05:45:38 PM
Probably caliyr.

What I don't understand are the terms F6400 and F6600.

But if these Drs have never dealt with a transgender patient then that might be a difficulty.

Can you download some decent information and give it to them? Which country are you in and which language? (I understand if you would rather not aswer the last questions).

F6400 and F6600 are codes made up by International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, here you can see the list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICD-10_Chapter_F#.28F60.E2.80.93F69.29_Disorders_of_adult_personality_and_behaviour

These doctors have never seen transsexual patients. This is the problem. I live in Hungary, and the doctors who can actually handle transsexualism are doing it for huge amounts of money so I dont really have a choice. I've been going from doc to doc for 2 years now...

It seems I got a gyneologic and psychiatrist's opinion in 2 years and now if everything goes well,  I may get a permission for name change...
I dont even want to think how long would it take to get my surgeries here... thanks god I'm moving to UK in the summer.
  •