Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Jamiep non-op

Started by Jamiep, March 12, 2012, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktc

Just to add a contrasting perspective on CAMH, I've gone through its system from start to finish. They're very bureaucratically minded (I needed to show them my school transcript with my name on it) but once their bureaucratic requirements were fulfilled it was exceptionally simple to get surgical approval (three appointments spread out over a year, lasting about 15 minutes each). Also, as far as I know (from being there) Blanchard and Maxine Peterson are both retired and the staff has changed there. There's also no penis measuring or videotaped dressing or any of that - the rumours have gotten really out of hand regarding what the clinic is like.

There's just a ton of misinformation about CAMH out there, and I thought I'd try and correct it. If you're in Ontario, transitioned, and want surgery, it's a really easy and straightforward process to go through (albeit with a fair amount of waiting built in). For other situations (like getting hormones if you're an adult) there are better options out there.
  •