Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

ok got a weird question

Started by starrbaby, December 30, 2010, 12:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrbaby

ok to start off my fiancee is MtF and has been on HRT going on a year....Im so proud of her by the way, but i have questions and i hope i can get help from these forums. I know that HRT will make her sex drive pretty much go away, but we have not had a problem with anything in that department actually our activity has increased in the past month which is great but now i am feeling tired, weak, and have thrown up a few times. Oh and not to mention my boobs hurting like they would during "that time of the month" well what my question is, is it possible for the hormones she is taking to be passed to me through bodily fluids? If not then any suggestions? All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  •  

CaitJ

•  

starrbaby

ok so then any other suggestions???? because i am at a loss that was the only thing i could think of
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Sean

Tired, weak, throwing up, body aches (near lymph nodes).

Dude, that's not "that time of the month." That's the flu.

Drink fluids, get rest, take over the counter drugs for pain relief or to manage a fever.
In Soviet Russa, Zero Divides by You!
  •  

Melody Maia

If it is not the flu or some similar illness, maybe try a pregnancy test? This would seem extremely remote if she has been on HRT for a year, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely. At least it is something you can check easily.
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

starrbaby

Quote from: Sean on December 30, 2010, 02:13:11 PM
Tired, weak, throwing up, body aches (near lymph nodes).

Dude, that's not "that time of the month." That's the flu.

Drink fluids, get rest, take over the counter drugs for pain relief or to manage a fever.

uhhhh i would think that if i couldnt keep anything down but i can but thanks
  •  

ToriJo

Quote from: starrbaby on December 30, 2010, 12:36:37 PM
my question is, is it possible for the hormones she is taking to be passed to me through bodily fluids? If not then any suggestions? All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You probably should talk to a doctor and rule anything serious out.  I don't think any of us would feel very good if it turned out to be something serious - and it is quite possible it's unrelated to your fiancee's HRT.

If your fiancee is using a drug applied to the skin, it is possible to be exposed to that drug if you touch her skin, particularly soon after she applied it to her skin.
  •  

lilacwoman

you can't rule out being pregnant with those symptoms
  •  

Alexmakenoise

Quote from: Melody on December 30, 2010, 02:21:52 PM
If it is not the flu or some similar illness, maybe try a pregnancy test? This would seem extremely remote if she has been on HRT for a year, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely. At least it is something you can check easily.

Is her HRT your only protection from getting pregnant?  I don't know much about it, but I've never heard it was a reliable way to prevent pregnancy.  In any case, pregnancy tests are inexpensive and easy to use.  Better safe than sorry.

If I were in your situation, I would make an appointment with a doctor and take a home pregnancy test first.  Even if it's unlikely that you're pregnant, it's best to know for sure before going to the doctor, as they might want to run tests or prescribe drugs that are contraindicated during pregnancy.
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: starrbaby on December 30, 2010, 12:36:37 PM
is it possible for the hormones she is taking to be passed to me through bodily fluids?

I've never heard of anything like that happening.  Then again, I don't think anyone has done any scientific research on the subject.

Are you living with your fiancee?  Sometimes when people live together their hormonal cycles sync with each other.  Her increase in estrogen might be affecting you that way.

There are dozens of reasons why you could having those types of symptoms.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Janet_Girl

Boobs hurt, sick ( especially in the mornings? )  tired, ache.  hmmmmmmmmmm   even with her on HRT it is possible that the rabbit died.
  •  

starrbaby

Quote from: Janet Lynn on December 30, 2010, 06:50:47 PM
Boobs hurt, sick ( especially in the mornings? )  tired, ache.  hmmmmmmmmmm   even with her on HRT it is possible that the rabbit died.

uhhh ok call me stupid but "rabbit died" whats that mean??? and no i havent been sick every day and not especially in the morning. i would like to thank everyone for their help please continue to suggest things im at a loss here
  •  

LordKAT

rabbit died means pregnant

pregnancy tests used to kill rabbits if you tested positive.
  •  

lilacwoman

regarding transfer of hormones via body fluids it is a fact that people who make various hormones and pregnancy drugs can get body changes from inhaled and skin contact but no-one has published any research on just how small a quantity is needed to make major symptoms.
  •  

starrbaby

Quote from: LordKAT on December 30, 2010, 09:35:53 PM
rabbit died means pregnant

pregnancy tests used to kill rabbits if you tested positive.

oh ok well now i feel stupid...well i can rule out pregnancy...so i think its just sympathy because i feel fine today thanks to all who helped add their thoughts..
  •