Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Deodorant Burn On Armpit?

Started by Kentrie, October 12, 2010, 04:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentrie

I used the Old Spice Red Zone deodorant the other night and Sunday I had a burn under my armpit and today it burns really bad, it's red and looks like a burn. I've asked this question on yahoo answers and the guys on there just told me to stop using it and go to the doctor, but I want to know what to put on it to help it heal.
Push it baby, push it baby, out of control, I got my gun cocked tight and I'm ready to blow. ;)
  •  

Janet_Girl

You are most likely allergic to the active ingredient.  Let the rash go away and try another brand.

I had that and it turned out to be the Aluminum Salts.  Check your brand and if it has Aluminum anything, throw it out.
  •  

dudical

this happened to me when i decided to try out the unscented version of tom's of maine.  i had always used their products before with no problem, but wow.  major redness and itching after just one day of using the unscented version.  definitely let the rash heal before you apply any other products.  you don't want to risk irritating the area even more.  my rash went away after a week, but if yours doesn't go away (or gets worse), see a doctor.
  •  

Kentrie

How do you find out what ingredient you're allergic to?
Push it baby, push it baby, out of control, I got my gun cocked tight and I'm ready to blow. ;)
  •  

Janet_Girl

Look at the Active Ingredient.  And then find a new one with a different active ingredient.  And then see if you break out. 

Also were you using an antiperspirant or a deodorant.  Antiperspirants use a different ingredient.
  •  

Kentrie

Hmmmm, well right now it's behind my dresser so my mom is trying to get it out. It's made of like a gel like thing and my mom said when I was a baby I would break out when she used certain baby wipes on me so it might have the same ingredient that the baby wipes had.
  •  

Janet_Girl

•  

Kentrie

That's what my mom thought it was, all I know is it's painful and will probably scar.
  •  

Janet_Girl

It shouldn't scar.  What you have is a contact dermatitis.  It is a reaction to something in the deodorant.  keep it clean and dry.  Baby powder may help for it getting irritated even more.
  •  

Kentrie

I decided to not put anything on it because when I do it hurts even more but I'm going to start using Axe because that brand doesn't do anything to my skin and it's more "Modern Day" as my mom calls it. She tells me I smell like "An old man" probably because my grandpa uses Old Spice. She said she wants me to smell like a "Young Man" lol.
  •  

Janet_Girl

That would be best.   Smell like an old man.  ROFLOL.

In my old life I love Old Spice.
  •  

Kentrie

•  

V M

I use Suave 24 hour protection... Inexpensive smell good and never a bad reaction even after a fresh pit waxing  ;)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LordKAT

Certain added scents can be a factor as they are for my son. Leave it with nothing on to heal and then change what you are using.
  •  

Sharky

This happens to me. I just stop using whatever gave me it and don't use anything until it fully heals. Then I just switch brands. A brand will work fine for me for awhile then it will just randomly start giving me burns. I don't throw the old stuff out. I found if I hold on to it long enough then I can cycle back to it.
  •  

niamh

This won't help your question but I just wanted to say that I ran out of DO one day two months ago and I kept forgetting to pick it up in the shop and one day about a week later I realised that I hadn't used any in days. To tell you the truth I discovered I didn't need any. My partner also stopped using DO. I shower once a day and I use shampoo and soap every three days. I don't smell at all and I have come to love the DO-free natural smell that my body now has. I am happy to be rid of all those artifical smelly expensive products. The only downside is that whenever a man passes me at work stinking of Old spice or Lynx I feel like puking.
  •  

Mister

I wouldn't put anything on it.  Give it as much air as possible and keep it clean and dry!
  •