Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I can haz blog plz?

Started by Maddie Secutura, January 13, 2011, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie Secutura

I would like a blog it it's cool.  Here's the title:

Maddie's Mad Blog...of Science!

•  

Maddie Secutura

So...

The premise of this blog is to talk about scientific concepts and recent breakthroughs. 

•  

Osiris

Sorry took awhile to notice this. I check the Blog Requests section more frequently so if you post requests here instead it may take awhile before I get to them.

Here ya go- https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,370.0.html
अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

Britney♥Bieber

Quote from: Maddie Secutura on January 17, 2011, 01:17:14 PM
So...

The premise of this blog is to talk about scientific concepts and recent breakthroughs.

*walks out*

lol sorry!

Maddie Secutura

I'm going to make it as interesting as I can.

•  

tekla

Science is interesting to those who are trained in it for the most part.  The discovery by itself is fascinating and does not need to be all gussied up to make it appear more so.  But most science involves a hella lot of math, so that counts a lot of people out, and a whole other part of it tramples - and none too gently either - on the most time-honored beliefs.  So people even when they see it try very hard not to understand it.  I think a lot on the pictures from Hubble and Chandra, in the last decade those two instruments have produced some of the most mind-blowing discoveries, beauty almost beyond our comprehension.  It's a shame that your quote buddy Carl was not around to find out that the universe, and the number of stars and galaxies were far, far, far beyond what he ever thought or taught.  That it was even more infinite then previously imagined or calculated.  We've been able to peer back in time, and it's not comforting to those who 'believe' in Genesis that the universe looks to be about 13 to 15 billion years old.  (after all, what's a couple of billion years between academics?)

But that stuff from Hubble and Chandra is not even taught in the schools because of the damage it does to time honored beliefs.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Maddie Secutura

I think I'm going to alternate between basic ideas and scientific discoveries.  Hopefully the presentation of the basics will help you to appreciate everything we've learned and have yet to learn.

•  

CaitJ

I'll love you forever if you do a piece on exoplanets  :D
  •  

Maddie Secutura

Then that will be my next blog post.

•