Main Menu

What's your ethnicity?

Started by Alex201, December 29, 2010, 08:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big kim

Scottish on Mum's side,English/Irish on Dad's
  •  

crazy at the coast

Mostly Irish and English as far as I know. Don't know that much about my mother's side.
  •  

ativan

OK, mostly Irish with a good dose of Amish German thrown in, and of course a healthy amount of mutt. :P
  •  

Tejas

Mostly Chinese. A lot people have tried to play guess my ethnicity and rarely do they ever start with Chinese.
"Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand up taller than you ever were before.  Sometimes your eyes need to be washed by your tears so you can see the possibilities in front of you with a clearer vision again. Don't settle."
  •  

peky

•  

Sara Thomas

I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Tejas

"Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand up taller than you ever were before.  Sometimes your eyes need to be washed by your tears so you can see the possibilities in front of you with a clearer vision again. Don't settle."
  •  

Dandy Dunker

Native American, European, and African American
  •  

Marcellow

Bolivian. But it's a mixture of actual origin so it's technically Spanish European/Native American.
  •  

Jill F

If I was any whiter, I'd be transparent.

Actually, Irish, Scots, Scots-Irish, English, German, German Jew, maybe hints of French and Dutch with a sprinkle of Viking on top.
  •  

rachel89

English, Ashkenazi Jewish, German, and Dutch. I do look not very northern European though, and more than a few people people have thought I am from Latin America or Israel.

•  

Mai

25% Hawaiian 25% Italian 25% Irish 25% Unknown

•  

Daft

Mostly Italian and English/Irish, although I'm plenty white and have no connection to my ancestry whatsoever.

•  

Yukari-sensei

On my mother's side, we are half Spanish and Mexican (Yes, there is a difference) along with some Comanche. On my father's side there is Dutch, German, and Austrian as well as some Cherokee.

My mother's family has been in the US (specifically Texas) since the 1600's. My father's family immigrated more recently, they arrived just in time to serve in the Union navy and army during the Civil War.

So I can't say my family is a good sampling of the melting pot, chunky salsa is a more appropriate metaphor.  :P
  •  

Donna Elvira

Having been born and raised on a small, windy and wet island on the west coast of Europe,very much Irish but there is some English blood there as well (paternal grandmother's family)  and maybe even some Spanish given my darkish skin (by Irish standards) due to historical trade links, shipwrecks etc..
Nice to see the number of people with Irish ancestry clocking in here,  proving yet again that no people on earth, except maybe the Han Chinese  :), took the injonction "As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it." more to heart than the Irish...and even the Han Chinese have a family name Ow-Yang = O'Yang(?)  a well known family of sheep rustlers from Tipperary   ;D
  •  

Elsa Delyth

Yeah, I'm also super white -- Scotish, Irish, British, Scandinavian, and French. My father has a half Barbadian brother, and I have a half brother that is like a quarter middle eastern, but I'm pretty bland.
"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." Emma Goldman.
  •  

Rawb

•  

mellynn88

•