Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Illinois Birth Certificates

Started by DegrassiFan, December 29, 2010, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DegrassiFan

Have any of you or anyone you know have had their gender marker changed on their IL birth certificate? Has anyone done it without the bottom surgery? By the way, this is for FtMs. I had my top surgery performed earlier this year and I hear a hysto may or may not be necessary. Thanks.
  •  

Radar

You and I are in the same boat, brother. I have the PDF with the files for the doctors to fill out. However, like every legal thing I've come across, they are vague. It refers to gender reassignment surgery yet doesn't spell out which ones are needed. I did notice there are three forms- one for you to fill out and two for doctors. I've looked online and have found no concrete answer so I'm just going to phone them.

Here's their info if you'd like to contact them too.
Illinois Dept. of Public Health
Division of Vital Records
M,W,F 8:30am—4:00pm
217-782-6553

Depending on if I get a clear answer from them or not I might just submit the paperwork after my top surgery. I need my name changed on my BC anyway.
"In this one of many possible worlds, all for the best, or some bizarre test?
It is what it is—and whatever.
Time is still the infinite jest."
  •  

DegrassiFan

My lawyer friend said that his clients who only got top done got turned down. There is currently a lawsuit with ACLU going. I wish it didn't have to be this hard.
  •  

Radar

IKR. I wonder if it might depend on who processes your papers. Some might be sticklers while others might have the "why not" mentality and might accept it. When dealing with government employees regarding vague issues this seems to be the case alot.

That's what's happened with changing the gender on driver's licenses in the state I live in now. Some insist on top surgery while others don't. It all depends on where you live and who you get. Unfortunately, the city I live in seems to be sticklers. ::)
"In this one of many possible worlds, all for the best, or some bizarre test?
It is what it is—and whatever.
Time is still the infinite jest."
  •