Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Muscle building & initial working out - advice?

Started by Morgan., November 10, 2011, 04:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan.

Hey everyone. :)

I won't be able to join a gym until just after January next year, but by then I will have been on T for about 4 months and I'd like to start working out/losing a bit of fat now. I'm not particularly overweight, but I'm not quite the most athletic/fittest of people. I was looking into buying a bike so I can start riding places for a bit of extra exercise.. do any other FtM guys on here do that/did you start with that?

Also - any advice for some initial muscle building if you're just in the early months of t?

I've already began changing my diet and I've almost completely quit smoking. I know a lot of people who gain quite a bit of weight after they quit smoking though, so perhaps I can replace smoking with exercise instead of food (which I had a habit of doing..)

Half of life is f**king up, the other half is dealing with it. - Henry Rollins

•  

Gadgett

Thing is is that a lot of people think that they need some gym membership to be able to completely workout.

I have found that all you need is yourself and a nice long path. You can do things like inclined pushups against a wall, crunches, flutter kicks, squats, ect. for strength. Just work on doing high reps to gain actual strength. You can run, sprint, do side shuttles, and something called 30-90s.

Overall though is to find a friend to go with you cause it makes it SO much easier to stick to a work out plan with a friend. Google can also make other good suggestions.
Scott Kelley: You guys are here on a good day.
Zak Bagans: What's that suppost to mean?
Scott Kelley: The building will talk to you today."
  •  

rainyjun

I would recommend the Starting Strength program by Mark Rippetoe. You can look it up on google; there is a forum/wiki on it and also a book, which is very useful as well if you want to get into lifting more seriously. It focuses on basic compound movements like squats, deadlifts, presses, power cleans, etc. that use multiple muscle groups, which are awesome for getting strong and putting on muscle.

Remember to get enough sleep and eat well (good sources of proteins, lots of vegetables and fruits and such).

Some stuff you can do with limited or no equipment: http://www.rosstraining.com/articles.html has training ideas that are geared towards fighters, but anyone can do them.
  •