Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

This is a chat thread! Someone chat with me!!

Started by TraciMC, March 25, 2011, 11:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraciMC

I just had a very long frustrating day travelling to Germany and I need to relax, and nothing helps me relax more than chatting in the Susans IRC channel.  Except I'm locked out of it cos the stupid hotel I'm staying at is using an IP that is blocked by the server.  $^%@&%@%#!!!!!  Anyway, let's chat here instead.  Anyone out there, anyone wanna chat?  I'm bored.  Let's go!

•  

tekla

So, how's the weather in Germany?  It's cold and still raining (still dreaming) on the West Coast, but at least I'm working the free Brittney Spears show here on Sunday.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

TraciMC

It was pouring really hard when I went to the airport.  It was raining for the past 12+ days straight but this was the heaviest I saw on the way to SFO.  Right now in Munich it is hazy but really clear...it's quite warm.
  •  

tekla

We've had over 3 inches over the last 48 hours, but the sun is coming out now.
  •  

TraciMC

*TraciMC is eating a wrap from McDonalds that is significantly better in quality than what is found in US restaurants, but three times the price.
  •  

TraciMC

I'm thinking the hills are going to really be verdant when spring comes. (I think it already came but it still feels like winter)
  •  

Sarah Louise

We have had a wet winter here in the high desert too, the summer blooms here should be abundent.

Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

tekla

You went all the way to Germany and you're eating that crap?  Really?  Like in a place with some of the best bakeries in the world, a place where they love sausage so much they even have one called  Leberwurst and one called Liebewurst too?  Not to mention beer.  And you're at MickyDee?
  •  

Robert Scott

I love germany ... and I agree McDonalds is much better there ... actually for the most part all the food is much better...still have issues with getting mineral water when asking for water at the resturant and ordering a pepperoni pizza and getting a red pepper pizza
  •  

TraciMC

I love the desert....I try to visit Death Valley, or Mojave, or some other desert once a year.
  •  

TraciMC

LOL, well I love experimenting with McD's around the world.  But yeah, don't worry, I'm going back to Germany at the end of the trip and will definitely have a good dinner when we are in town.  Right now we are at the airport, and fast options are pretty limited.  And we have hired our own chef when we are in Italy (actually cheaper than 16 people going to restaurants) and I think that will be a good culinary experience.
  •  

TraciMC

Rob: I was in Germany a few years ago and liked the food too.  Good variety.  But I feel spoiled living in California and having a world's choice of cuisine in my backyard.
  •  

tekla

well I love experimenting with McD's around the world

Well that's a unique adventure I'm sure.  Me, I just check out bars all over the world.  I love dives the most.

Private chef in Italy, hell yeah, I'm down with that.
  •  

Sarah Louise

I loved the food in Germany when I was there.  Its been 20 + years.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

TraciMC

Yeah McD's does all sorts of local variations.  The one I went to tonight is a huge McCafe, the whole restaurant looks very hody toidy and not at all the kind of decor I would associate with the Golden Arches.

Well I guess bars are a good place to meet the locals.  Especially in Germany where they love their brew.
  •  

TraciMC

So the airplane I was on today for an 11 hour flight had air conditioning troubles when we boarded; it got up to 125 degrees allegedly in the back of the plane.  So we all had to deplane and then board an hour later, delaying the flight by two hours, which meant I missed my connecting flight. And Frankfurt airport is a really headache-inducing place.

I tried to sleep but didn't really get much at all.  Not very comfortable at all sleeping in a plane seat.
  •  

tekla

that's why I like trains, but I guess that hard to do going to Europe
  •  

TraciMC

We're gonna drive tomorrow....from Munich down to Italy.
  •