Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Sly's picture dump

Started by Sly, March 03, 2011, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly

is the name of my blog!  Where I dump pictures!

http://sketchbooksly.blogspot.com/2011/03/final.html

Here's one I just finished last night that I'm very happy with... and it's trans related so I thought you might be interested in seeing it.

Sly

Did this for some friends... the one on the right is trans :p

And another...

NathanW

I really like the colours that you have used.
I also like the purpleish background in the second picture :D
What did you use for the colours?
'Are you a moron?'
'I'm More-winning!'
  •  

Sly

Haha thanks!  Those two are digital.  I drew them in Paint Tool SAI, and did the backgrounds in Photoshop.

I did a bunch of pictures in that style last year, too.  http://sketchbooksly.blogspot.com/2010/12/possessed-by-christmas-spirit.html

Sly

I went out for coffee earlier today... it was sunny when I left, but started storming while I was there.  I wasn't at all dressed for rain so I had to just wait it out.  Drew people while I was waiting!

thestory

Very nice. Good eye for general aesthetics. I especially like how you play with such vibrant colors.
I'm going to have to follow your work if ya don't mind.
  •  

NathanW

Ok :) ah paint tool sai one of the reasons why I regret of switching my pc to a mac.
'Are you a moron?'
'I'm More-winning!'
  •  

Sly

Heh thanks Kamren.

So I have a few muses that I like to draw.  One that keeps appearing in my sketchbooks is these mask wearing, extremely elongated people... although this one seems to be a headless spirit of some kind that just has a floating mask.  Whatever.  I love exaggerating anatomy in weird ways like this.

Alex37

Quote from: Sylvester on March 16, 2011, 11:05:59 PM
So I have a few muses that I like to draw.  One that keeps appearing in my sketchbooks is these mask wearing, extremely elongated people... although this one seems to be a headless spirit of some kind that just has a floating mask.  Whatever.  I love exaggerating anatomy in weird ways like this.

woah i love this one!  the colors, the... heh, i'm not a graphic artists... but i like how the trees are drawn, and the texture of the bushes, and the placement of the spirit and the mask especially!  the headless spirit thing is cool- it resonates somehow with me :)
If you're going through hell, keep going.   Winston Churchill
  •  

Sly

Here's another one done in acrylics.

I also made a blog post with some progress pictures and explaining how I paint...

asher

I love this new one a lot! The texture in the acrylics really adds to your stylization. Nice work :)
  •  

Espenoah

Wow, I really love your style! It's very unique and really interesting to look at.
And I love your blog post on how you paint with acrylics. I've been itching to paint lately, and your art just makes me wanna scratch it more. If only I had a canvas...
"If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door." -Harvey Milk
  •  

Sly

One thing I've learned about paint is that it doesn't easily come out of clothes.  So I thought, why not paint a shirt?

I want to wear it at Pride... which is still a ways off.  But I'm excited to be going for the first time this year.

wheat thins are delicious

Quote from: Sylvester on March 22, 2011, 04:21:12 PM
Here's another one done in acrylics.

I also made a blog post with some progress pictures and explaining how I paint...

Love this painting.  Would def put something like that up on my walls.

•