Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What happens when your sex drive is almost gone?

Started by Jean24, October 25, 2015, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean24

So I'm 9 months in and it's diminishing quickly. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I heard I can talk to my doctor to have my medicine adjusted. What about long term though? Will I ever get my drive back or will I be stuck like this? How about after SRS/Orchi? I'm just a little scared...
Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •  

Cindy

Get your T levels checked and adjusted back to normal female levels. Your endo will do this.
  •  

Ms Grace

It's not so much that your sex drive has gone, it has just changed and requires different stimulation now. When testosterone is running rampant it doesn't really take much to kick the drive into top gear, but without it chances are you need to rediscover what turns you on and possibly work a bit harder at it. But I'd also speak to your doc, there may be something that can be done to adjust the medication.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Roni

Exactly what Grace said!

Ever wonder why cis-females during sex often tend to need more foreplay, stimulation, body contact, and being sensual? They also rely on emotions more so than men do, both in the actual relationship itself and during sex.

You've just been used all your life to achieving climax as a male, now you need to learn to do it as female!  :D
On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •  

Joi

Presuming that your hormone regimen includes T blockers,  it will never be the same as before.  Just as natal females' hormone levels are regulated by their menstrual cycles, natal males have a cycle as well.  However, while the female cycle is a monthly cycle, the male cycle is daily.  High in the AM and tapering off as the day progresses. What you get with the introduction of E and the diminishment of T is a steady stream of E into your endocrine system. We (meaning trans women on cross sex hormone therapy) are not subject to the fluctuations of either the former male cycle or the monthly cycles that natal females experience.  In some ways, we are the equivalent of the post menopausal female.  Many of whom request E therapy to manage their loss of E and the associated symptoms as they age. We however need it to achieve & maintain feminization. As previously stated, we have to re-learn our sexual response and our expectations. 

•  

Laurette Mohr

•  

Deborah

When it's gone you say "Yaaaay, no more torture."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Rachel

You should have an orgasm a few times a month. Use your imagination and your hands to caress.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

iKate

What is this "libido" you gals speak of?

(low T for life...)
  •  

Abby S.

As other have said, I celebrate it. I am 2 months in (T blockers and E), and my sex drive, at least I a male form (erections, thinking about it all the time... etc.) Is gone. I always hated my male sexuality, and life is just so much better, and less stress.

I am slowly developing a new kind of sexual pleasure, and, what could I say, men don't know what they are missing... it takes way longer to get anywhere, but once there, oh G... 😃
"You know, don't you, that no amount of prayer that you are not transgender, will make you something other than what you are."
- Jennifer Boylan, She's Not There
Check out my weekly transition updates on my blog: http://thesecondtransition.blogspot.com/
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Abby S. on October 25, 2015, 09:00:28 PM
As other have said, I celebrate it. I am 2 months in (T blockers and E), and my sex drive, at least I a male form (erections, thinking about it all the time... etc.) Is gone. I always hated my male sexuality, and life is just so much better, and less stress.

I am slowly developing a new kind of sexual pleasure, and, what could I say, men don't know what they are missing... it takes way longer to get anywhere, but once there, oh G... [emoji2]
Yes!!! Omg!
  •  

Mariah

You can't miss what you didn't have in the first place. As others have stated it is a matter of finding out what turns you on now with how your sex drive works now. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

allisonsteph

I am a recovering sex addict. Like a couple of others above me have said, I welcome the reduced libido. In my case anyway it has substantially cut down on poor choices I was notorious for in the past.
In Ardua Tendit (She attempts difficult things)
  •  

Roni

Just came across this today and thought it was relevant to the thread.  :D :D

On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •  

Naeree

My sex drive is totally gone, and it's kind of feel good though. I can not remember how it feel like when you need to get masturbation everyday. And when I think of sex, I have the same feeling of when I think of brushing my teeth LOL.

Monica Jean

I was happy it was gone! Yay! No more being slave to that hormone!

Now I'm slave to another hormone instead! lol

The ramp up is crucial to enjoying sex as female.  The emotional connection, the slow caresses, etc.  Spend time on that and you'll enjoy sex again.
  •