Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

RESOLVED!: KARE11 (NBC Affiliate Minneapolis) incredibly offensive pronoun

Started by Dana Lane, January 21, 2011, 05:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

Nice looking guy, so be careful who you date, bad dating has ruined more lives than bad drugs could ever dream of.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

JessicaR

Quote from: lisagurl on January 22, 2011, 08:54:57 PM
It is factual reporting. If the transgender is not a transsexual that legally changed their name and gender I find no problem with the way they reported it.  If they reported none facts for the purpose to be politically correct they would be doing an injustice to facts and open to legal problems.

This statement flies in the face of respecting gender identity.

I'm a Transsexual woman, scheduled for GRS. Lets say I died tomorrow or had a health condition that made GRS prohibitive..  If the poster is suggesting that someone like me be referred to as, "he," she needs to re-evaluate her stance concerning responsibility to the greater Transgender community.

•  

Dana Lane

KARE11 has re-edited the story to show proper respect to Krissy Bate's female identity. Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen! Hugs all around!

http://transgenderhate.blogspot.com/2011/01/kare11-nbc-affiliate-minneapolis.html

MINNEAPOLIS -- A Blaine man was charged Friday with second degree murder for the violent death of the boyfriend he met on line.

UPDATE: NEW TEXT
MINNEAPOLIS -- A Blaine man was charged Friday with second degree murder for the violent death of the girlfriend he met on line.

Bates, who lived as a transgender female, was discovered dead in his apartment January 11 after someone became concerned about his welfare. Officers found him laying on the ground with numerous injuries.

UPDATE: NEW TEXT

Bates, who lived as a transgender female, was discovered dead in her apartment January 11 after someone became concerned about her welfare. Officers found her laying on the ground with numerous injuries.
============
Former TS Separatist who feels deep regret
http://www.transadvocate.com/category/dana-taylor
  •  

tekla

•  

Miniar

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

tekla

Perhaps, but it seems to be a common thread running in a lot of these murders.
  •  

Dana Lane

Quote from: tekla on January 25, 2011, 09:00:08 AM
she met on line

That's the part that people should take heed of.

One of my best friends who I have known close to 12 years is someone I met online. :)
============
  •  

Mrs Erocse

Dana Lane,

Thank you for posting this. When you first put it up I responded to the links that you suggested with the information that you provided.  Your posts are not only informative you help us to take action by readily providing the appropriate links and information which expedites the follow up for us.

I love your cute avatar by the way.

Hugs.
Patty
  •  

Dana Lane

Quote from: Mrs Erocse on January 25, 2011, 09:50:51 AM
Dana Lane,

Thank you for posting this. When you first put it up I responded to the links that you suggested with the information that you provided.  Your posts are not only informative you help us to take action by readily providing the appropriate links and information which expedites the follow up for us.

I love your cute avatar by the way.

Hugs.
Patty

aww, thanks Patty. :)
============
  •  

lisagurl

QuoteDo you think a pre-op transitioner in RLT whose state of birth will not change her legal sex without surgery should tell people she's a man and ask them to refer to her with masculine pronouns?

If they legally changed their name something done when going full time they would not have trouble with pronouns. Many do not even do that much less get therapy. You can even change the gender on your Driver lic. and passport before surgery. That would satisfy legal requirements.
  •  

glendagladwitch

Quote from: lisagurl on January 25, 2011, 02:20:46 PM
If they legally changed their name something done when going full time they would not have trouble with pronouns. Many do not even do that much less get therapy. You can even change the gender on your Driver lic. and passport before surgery. That would satisfy legal requirements.

I find it truly saddening that transgender people have to get a court order for certain other transgender people to recognize and respect their self identified gender.
  •  

tekla

I'm sure glad that the local news coverage got it right.  I'm sure she's going to be coming back from the dead any day now.

You know it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I read one of these posts where the language used by some third-trier media clown seems more important than the fact that someone was killed.  But that would be my silly values.  I'm sure I'm missing something really important point here.
  •  

glendagladwitch

I can only imagine your exorcistic spew at reading a post not only focusing on the language used, but defending the misgendering of the victim by said third tier media clown.  Poor Tekla.
  •  

tekla

When you focus attention on the media coverage, and not the crime, you're changing the focus from the victim to yourself.
  •  

glendagladwitch

By your logic we can never complain about poor and prejudicial media coverage of transgender victims.  What a farce.
  •  

lisagurl

QuoteNot in all states.....

Then the effort should be the courts and not the media. The media is paid entertainment that can be shut down quick if people did not use it. People complain about the media they follow them like a piped piper and buy what they market. A said world when the people just can not turn it off.
  •  

japple

Quote from: Dana Lane on January 25, 2011, 08:55:25 AM
KARE11 has re-edited the story to show proper respect to Krissy Bate's female identity. Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen! Hugs all around!]

Great job Dana!  Thank you.
  •  

Dana Lane

Quote from: glendagladwitch on January 25, 2011, 07:05:36 PM
I find it truly saddening that transgender people have to get a court order for certain other transgender people to recognize and respect their self identified gender.

What is worse is you are responding to Ms. Anti Government. hehe
============
  •