Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Invisibe Monsters

Started by Jester, November 07, 2009, 09:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Has anybody here ever read Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk?  It's amazingly well written.  It's like if Fight Club were written for former glam models and transsexuals.  It pretty much kicks ass.
  •  

xander

I think I may have to read it now.
It's been sitting on my shelf for a few months. After reading 'Diary' I wasn't sure I wanted to read Chuck for a while.
  •  

VelindaSalazar

I read this book.  Someone on YouTube had mentioned that this was her favorite book, and I wanted to know why, so I bought the book and read it.  It is a very interesting story, but weird.  I thought some of the scenes were predictable.  The book, in my opinion, has too many loop connections.  I do like how the story ended and how it was written.  It is definitely worth reading if you are interested in life changes and unique transgendered characters.
  •  

SallySapphire

Thanks for the tip/recommendation, hon.

This one has been on my to-read list for a while now, but I really didn't know enough about it to bump it up the list. I knew there was a transgender element, but wasn't sure how prominent or central it was to the story.

I just may have to curl up one night soon and give it a read.
  •  

crazyandro

Yes...that was a very, very, very strange book.  Although I expected nothing less from Chuck Palahniuk.
  •