Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Think my cat will likely die soon, completely heartbroken.

Started by Jenna_Nicole105, February 18, 2011, 05:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenna_Nicole105

I tend to get very attached to my pets, have had this cat for nearly half of my life at least a good 15 years or so.

When I first moved out of my parent's house... he came with me.

When I've moved a few times since then... he's come with me.

Can't stop crying, because I feel his time is coming. He's been throwing up a lot and on Thursday pooped on the floor, which is something he's never really done.

I'm sorry if it makes me sound like a wuss, but his death is going to absolutely break me. Just a little while ago he jumped up on the couch and put his paw out for me to pet him.

He's always been more like a dog in a lot ways, cats seem to keep to themselves more so than dogs.... not my Bentley! He's always craved attention and his not being around to get said attention, well the mere thought just causes uncontrollable tears.

Formerly known as Tiffany_Marie

On HRT since 7-27-2011 and feeling great!
  •  

Flan

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

rejennyrated

I'm sorry for your suffering - but please take him to the vet NOW. It sounds as though he may have advanced kidney failure - which is how our 17 year old died.

You may be lucky. We managed to buy her a couple of extra years with some daily tablets but as the condition is degenerative it is only a short term reprieve.

It is actually very painful for them if they are not medicated too, so it is cruel to keep them alive beyond the point of effective treatment. So please be brave and go consult the vet and take his advice. I know you wouldn't want your friend to endure needless suffering.

<<hugs>> - thinking of you and Bentley.
  •  

SarahM777

Hello Tiffany,
It is totally understandable to feel the way you are feeling. Our pets (Cats and dogs in particular) over time seem to become our furry friends,children and sometimes confidants. (Yes i do talk to mine a lot and often times things i am not comfortable talking with humans about.)
Your not a wuss. It's ok to cry for him. He has been a part of your life for quite a while and it sounds like you love him very much.

With love,
Sarah

Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

caitlin_adams

Im really sorry to hear your cat is unwell. I've always been close to my pets and I can imagine how you feel.
  •  

Devlyn

Hi, I know what you're going through, I've always had pets too. It's tough to lose one, but as with most losses, the cherished memories will always be with you. Big hugs, Tracey
  •  

Michelle.

Tiffany, I hope everything works out for the best. I second Jenny's advice to get Bentley into the vet asap.
  •  

Janet_Girl

Tiffany, you have my sympathies.  I to have feline children.  They are about 10 now.  My Male has developed some kind of problem with his back lags.  He gets around and had some problems with the litter box.  But he is still well.

It is hard to lose one of our children.  But if they are not well, it is kind to just let them go.
  •