Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Motorcycles Anyone?

Started by Maddie Secutura, January 06, 2011, 12:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie Secutura

So I'm really into motorcycles...as much as one can be without having had the privilege of owning one.  Anyway I figure I'd share some of my designs with y'all.

Those are the only two 3-D models I have.  Everything else is just a basic drawing.

•  

Jacquelyn

That is really awesome, Maddie! You are very talented. :D
"Love is in fact so unnatural a phenomenon that it can scarcely repeat itself, the soul being unable to become virgin again and not having energy enough to cast itself out again into the ocean of another."

~James Joyce
  •  

Britney♥Bieber

I would never own one myself, too scared but if the right guy offered ;) I'd take a ride on the back haha. Its one of those things that make hot guys even hotter *drools*

Oh and these models are really cool. *claps*

Logan1986

love riding! best stress reliever/gas saver in the world. five bucks fill my tank up and i'm good to ride for over a 100 miles. nothing beats it
  •  

tekla

Owned a bunch, rode even more untill I got to be about 47, when the bikes were all of a sudden faster and quicker than I was.  So I stepped off.  But that Kawi Mach III I bought when I was 17, the one that could outrun cop cars - that was like being god.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Maddie Secutura

I really want a Buell.  I don't care that some say they're too quirky and underpowered.  I'd really like a Firebolt XB9R.  But I wouldn't say no to a Triumph Bonneville.

•  

Jacquelyn

My SO worked in a motercycle shop in San Francisco for a year and a half when he lived there. He is always drawing concept bikes or just bikes that he loves. He is usually more interested in cars though, especially VWs. :)
"Love is in fact so unnatural a phenomenon that it can scarcely repeat itself, the soul being unable to become virgin again and not having energy enough to cast itself out again into the ocean of another."

~James Joyce
  •  

Janet_Girl

Those are great, Maddie.  I have owned three in my life and I love to ride.
  •  

Maddie Secutura

The motor I designed for the red one, despite appearing to be a push-rod activated OHV layout is actually a cleverly disguised DOHC.  I'd like to someday build the engine for those who want more power without going for more cubic inches.   I wanted to make a modern version of the '57 Sportster. 

The yellow bike has the funky front end.  Rather than traditional forks it uses a front swing arm and hub centered steering to separate the braking, steering, and suspension loads.  It keeps the suspension from compressing during breaking and as a result allows for better cornering.

•  

justmeinoz

I bought my first bike at 15 with my Birthday money, 1953 BSA Bantam, and rode it to death.

Since then I have always owned at least one, and figure I am too old at 57 to give up now!
Most fun you can have with your clothes on I reckon.   Currently have a Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic, which is easier to keep in tyres than the couple of sports bikes I owned before. Less threat to the licence here in the "Land of the Speed Camera" too. 

Great illustrations, the top one looks like what Erik Buell could have developed if HD hadn't closed him down.  The bottom one looks sort of like a cross between an early Sportster and Honda's Fury chopper. Nice!
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Maddie Secutura

Actually the top one is based off the XB12R and 1125R.  Note the ZTL front break and Firebolt fairing.

•  

Just Shelly

I've got a 1985 Kaw. 454 LTD its kind of a low riding bike, nice bike for shorter people or a girl. I actually  bought it new in 85 from a girl.

I havn't ridden it now for over six years. Having children kinda put the brakes on it.

Its in really good shape with low miles, It sits in a storage shed. I won't sell it though,(well maybe for srs) someday I'll ride again
  •  

Just Shelly

Quote from: Britney♥Bieber on January 06, 2011, 12:37:22 AM
I would never own one myself, too scared but if the right guy offered ;) I'd take a ride on the back haha. Its one of those things that make hot guys even hotter *drools*

Oh and these models are really cool. *claps*
I am the total opposite, I could never ride on a back of one TOO SCARY

I am too much, a back seat driver. :)

Ya back in my 20's (guy days) it was quite the girl magnet. I never understood why they wanted a ride.

and of course I was way to stupid and shy to use it for uhm uhm other reasons.

Why I am afraid to ride on back:

I remember one time I had a girl on the back. I thought I would be cool and pop a little wheelie, well when I popped the clutch I did it a little too quick, I popped a wheelie alright, :o I think I may have even scratched my rear fender.

I stopped at the next stop light and asked her (in this relaxed cool voice)if she enjoyed that, she said ya that was cool.

My self, I had to change my pants after that one. :o
  •  

Just Shelly

Maddie
I like the second one.

The first one is nice too, but I never liked the crotch rockets. Plus they were way too fast for me.

I was always a leisure rider, one to drive under the speed limit at times :)

Although with my first bike CB 400 hawk it was kinda a prelude to the crotch rockets, I did like my speed with that one. Matter a fact I got my one and only speeding ticket with that bike.
  •  

Maddie Secutura

I think for terminology I need to name the models.  As the company I eventually want to start is called the White Rose Motorcycle Company, I'll call that one the Thorn.  As for the red one, I'll call it the Retro.

•