Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Who has a good Sense of Balance?

Started by TheBattler, May 30, 2007, 10:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How good has your balance been throught your life?

My Balance has been excelent throughout life
My Balance has been normal
My Balance has been below Par - I neeeded to work on it
My Balance has always been poor
My Balance has varied throughout my life

TheBattler

This comes from an interesting conversation we I heard on the radio today.

They where talking about ADHD and who they found there was some lack of delevelopment within the brain and hence lack of balance. People where treated using balacing exercise which developed the part of the brain was under-developed. They where also able to target the part of the brain that where under-developed.

I will add more later - but is we have an under develop part of the brain (the part to do with gender recognition) we all may have something else in common.

I totaly related to the story. My balance has always been poor but I found that if I worked on it throught ridding my MTB bike I could get more confident with my balance. I have always known that my balance has been poor.

Alice
  •  

Cindi Jones

I really don't know how I rate with balance.  I figure that I'm pretty normal in that regard.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Kimberly

I would say I have normal balance but I have no clue of scale. *shrug* I bounce of walls more often then other people I know, but I also walk on curbs better. Er, usually anyway, lol.

*shrug*

Related in that balance should be in part a product of the inner ear and stuff by my hearing has changed from what it was, and more recently my ability to locate the position of sounds has totally gone down the toilet, lol.

*shrug*

It is conceivable that I have shifted down a ranking.
  •  

Pica Pica

Interesting...My Balance is atrocious, as is pretty much all fine motor skills and a lot of the big ones. I reckon I am dyspraxic, which is related to ADHD (and dyslexia, and autistic spectrum apparently, but I'v never shown signs of autism - i don't even like cars).

I am so unbalanced and clumsy I was banned from woodwork, cooking, sewing, painting, physical education and electronics.
  •  

Lucy

I can truely say that my ballance is brill. Ive done many water sports from an earley age and that has helped. I ski, snow board, surf, sail, wind surf and water ski. All require good ballance
  •  

Sarah Louise

Just because I trip over imaginary cracks in the sidewalk does not mean I have poor balance.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Kate

Excellent balance. Always.

I'm like a kitty: even when I DO trip, I always land on my feet somehow ;)

~Kate~
  •  

Laura Elizabeth Jones

My balance has always been poor. I could fail a sobriety test and be completely sober. It is not that great but I have learned to deal with it.
  •  

Nikki

Excellent balance here even when my legs were so weak I could barely walk across  the room I only fell once and can run across ice.
  •  

Judge Yourself

I've always been terrible at anything regarding balance, though i actually can do things like ride a bike etc. with me I'm not only clumsy, i'm also very unconfident which makes me even more likely to stress an fall over - as for ADHD i dont think i have that but some of my siblings have autistic spectrum disorders...
  •  

rhonda13000

It is on the high end of the 'normal' range, but not excellent.

I too have ADHD.
  •  

MeghanAndrews

I think my balance is excellent but it's probably because of my skateboarding days :)
  •  

R3i

My balance has been normal to excellent, most likely due to ballet & gymnastics
  •  

lightvi

I think I have the balance of a well trained ninja. Or at least a flying squirrel. *gets out of computer chair and topples over*

Ok, I admit it... I have terrible balance lol.
  •  

Shang

My balance is pretty damn poor, due to partial paralysis.   But that's okay, I get to get caught by cute guys. ;D ;D xD
  •  

twistedpixie

I think I have a pretty average balance.
  •