Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Does this mean anything?

Started by NightWing, February 13, 2011, 12:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWing

As a kid, I kept to myself, didn't socialize much, and didn't think about real life at all.  I was always lost in a cartoon or a game or something.  I always figured that my gender issues started up at puberty, but now I'm thinking that maybe they were beginning to show up earlier.

I never liked being in dresses, being in make-up, didn't like trying to look "cute" or anything.  I have clear memories of that.  But some memories re-surfaced that I had forgotten about.  When I was really little, I would take baths with my little brother.  I remember this one incident so clearly.  We were both in a bubble bath, and I was just putting the bubbles all over myself, including my chest.  My mom laughed and went, "You'll get those in a couple of years."  and I got slightly depressed, then of course immediately forgot and went on.  Then some time later on, my little brother was potty training and of course him missing and such was talked about.  Well that just made me angry.  Then I thought I was angry at him because he was being stupid and not able to hit the toilet right, but it occurred to me that maybe it isn't.  I already knew what boy-bits looked like, so maybe I was upset that I didn't have them and had to urinate like a girl?  Later on I did social a little bit, during the 3rd grade giggly stage of "hurr, girls have 3 holes lulz!" and that upset me too.  I never wanted to talk about it.  Was that just shyness or something else?

I don't know if the above feelings are true, or just projected feelings that I'm inserting from how I feel now?  I do remember being upset in some way, I just don't know the cause. Has this happened to anyone else? 
  •  

tvc15

This kinda thing happened to me a lot as a kid too, it definitely makes sense in a GID context. I'd give examples but yours are pretty much the same as mine. It would also really upset me that the boys at that age would talk about how gross girls were, because I was bitter from being stuck as one :p

•