Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Body Contouring

Started by Julie Marie, December 28, 2006, 04:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie Marie

I was just reading a post on a FFS forum and there was mention of body contouring "which seems to run $6K to $10K".  Has anyone heard of this?  The first thing that came to mind was shaping the body to a more feminine appearance.  In my mind I was picturing things that affect bone structure but that would seem to cost a lot more. 

Does anyone know exactly what this is?

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

LynnER

I dont know if bone reshapeing would really be possable to get a more fem figure...

Well, lets change possable to reasonable... I mean, the amount of scaring that would be involved itsself would be horrindous... they would have to use pins and seporators, cut bones and split them to give you wider hips...  Either break and reset, or remove ribs to give you a thinner waist...  They can lenghten limbs, and that is a long drawn out painfull process, and they can shorten toes but I like being able to walk thankyou...

Id say its possable, but youd have to have allot of money, and be a glutton for punishment.... and even then sence it would be such a rare procedure who would be able to do it properly with out haveing some mishaps?

Main thing with body reconturing is forced fat redistrobution from what I understand.....
  •  

Melissa

Here's what the website of a nearby doctor who does something like this says. mdtnguyen.com/waist.htm

Melissa
  •  

Julie Marie

I've found three websites for doctors who do body contouring.  For the MTF application they can do fat grafting or implants.  The pics I saw of fat grafting looked more natural than implants.  However all pictures were of natal females. 

In all cases, the patient realized a fuller, firmer buttocks.  The hip to waist ratio increased but I think this was due mostly to liposuction.  I read that the fat graft method is not noticeably affected by weight loss.  Some of the pictures showed women after having lost a moderate amount of weight.

Of course, there's still the problem of underlying bone structure.  And if one chooses fat grafting you will have fat and not something solid shaping you under the skin.  I'd imagine sagging could be a problem as time goes on, more so than one would experience w/o the procedure.

Costs quoted ranged from $7,500 to $20,000.

Let's see, SRS - $20K, FFS - $40K, BA - $7.5K, Body Contouring - $12.5K, Face Lift - $10K, Electrolysis - $15K, Therapy, HRT, Medical expenses,  Voice training, etc. - $15K.  That's about $120,000.00, out of pocket, that's assuming you don't need hair work.  And I won't even guess at wardrobe, hair and makeup costs.

Looks like the most important first step in physical transitioning is to win the lottery... or rob a bank.  :icon_2gun:

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Melissa

Why would you need FFS and a facelift?  I would think FFS would include that. ;)

Melissa
  •  

Stormy Weather

Quote from: Melissa on January 02, 2007, 03:21:22 PM
Why would you need FFS and a facelift?  I would think FFS would include that. ;)

From the little I understand, certain jaw and chin procedures — especially for patients who are 40 or older — leave the skin a bit loose, but a facelift can't be done at the same time so these people go back later to have things worked on later.

By my interest in these things, you can probably guess which side of 40 I'm on.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Stormy Weather on January 02, 2007, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: Melissa on January 02, 2007, 03:21:22 PM

From the little I understand, certain jaw and chin procedures — especially for patients who are 40 or older — leave the skin a bit loose, but a facelift can't be done at the same time so these people go back later to have things worked on later.

By my interest in these things, you can probably guess which side of 40 I'm on.
lol, that makes sense.

Melissa
  •  

Cindi Jones

Here's what I want done:

1) Shorten my spine by 4 inches
2) Lengthen my neck by a couple of inches.
3) Shrink my head by an inch or two
4) Lengthen my legs by 3 inches
5) Shrink my chest cavity by 5 inches
6) Get these damn tennis balls out of my breasts
7) Shave 30 years off the exterior
8) Oh... and the trachael shave... let's not forget that one.

I wonder if they can do that?

;)

I suppose I'll just continue being me.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

beth

Cindi,

Thanks so very much for the laugh, I'm just about crying from laughing :) :) :)

beth
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Cindianna_Jones on January 02, 2007, 11:40:13 PM
Here's what I want done:

1) Shorten my spine by 4 inches
2) Lengthen my neck by a couple of inches.
3) Shrink my head by an inch or two
4) Lengthen my legs by 3 inches
5) Shrink my chest cavity by 5 inches
6) Get these damn tennis balls out of my breasts
7) Shave 30 years off the exterior
8) Oh... and the trachael shave... let's not forget that one.

I wonder if they can do that?

;)

I suppose I'll just continue being me.

Cindi

LOL  :D ;D ditto what Beth said.

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

melissa90299

Sliding genioplasty, aka chin/jaw recontouring leaves all patients with some amount of loose skin, younger patients skin responds and tightens up better. Dr O and others won't do a facelift until at least three months after FFS and the ideal situation is that you get UNDER your target lifetiem weight. If you get a facelift and gain weight and then lose it again, you will need another facelift.

•  

Melissa

Hmm, makes me think of a certain Austin Powers character at the end of the third movie. ;)

Melissa
  •