Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Frequency of sex may be society's biggest lie

Started by Teri Anne, November 01, 2006, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How frequently in a month do you go, er, "all the way?"

Zero, haven't missed it
16 (29.6%)
Zero, but wish it could be more
16 (29.6%)
Once a month or more
7 (13%)
Five times a month or more
5 (9.3%)
Ten times a month or more
4 (7.4%)
Twenty times a month or more
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Teri Anne

How about a little direct talk about something people don't talk about?

A married couple, both therapists, recently made an appearance on one of the daytime talk shows and made the suggestion that AVERAGE couples have sex a couple of times a week.  When the question was directed to THEM by the host, they didn't answer (and yet they were there to discuss this topic!).  Can you think of anything more lied about?  Can you think of any topic less brought up by friends because it would make many uncomfortable to discuss? 

I have a theory that the frequency of sexual activity, going "all the way," may be one of societal myth.  It may be just a phenomenon of the middle-aged people that surround me as friends or I may be onto something deeper.  Of course we, as transgenders, bring additional baggage to the plate and maybe most TG's are more sexual than I imagine.  You have to be somewhat liberated to think what we think.  In my case, that TG baggage impeded and probably still impedes my desire for "true" sex.  When I was young, I felt insecure and out of place as a man and so doing "male" things like being assertive sexually were somewhat foreign to me.  Not that I didn't DESIRE to be more assertive.  I daydreamed but it rarely happened.  In my forties, I could count on two hands the number of times that I had had sex.  There, I said it.  And, in transitioning, we of course often have to put our "sex lives" on hold.  Maybe I've just gotten used to that.  One more excuse.

As a post-op M2F (1999) in my fifties, I dated both guys and gals.  I was repulsed by an attempt at sleeping with a man.  I was still drawn to women and ended up having three VERY close relationships with lesbians.  One problem in my sexual world is that I never have learned to appreciate, er, oral sex.  Makes it kind of tough to be a lesbian, huh, lol?  Well, these three and I used hands to reach what I felt were new wonderful worlds.  They seemed happy but, after being with each a few months, they moved on.  One was direct enough to say that whatever I did was good for her -- she complained that I wasn't as interested in having it as OFTEN as she wanted.

In not dating for the last few years (out of choice), I find I'm less and less interested in sex.  I like being close but find it hard to get interested in THE ACT (a strange term....are we "acting?").  I hear that middle-aged women (I'm 54) can commonly become disinterested in sex.  Others my age say they're happy as clams in bed.  For me, the hugging and being close is SOOO much more satisfying.  I've often heard that many lesbians like to hug.  Imagine my surprise when one lesbian complained to me, "I'm not a Teddy bear!"

And some of you wonder why I'm still single, lol.

What's your angle on this?  Do you feel comfortable talking about something society doesn't talk about?  There's no one here you need impress.  Let's hear what you really think.  And, heck, if I'm the only one who just likes just hugging and being close, so be it, lol.  For me, it works.  And among millions of people out there, perhaps there's one more, like me.

Teri Anne
  •  

tinkerbell

QuoteAs a post-op F2M (1999) in my fifties

??? ??? ???

I thought you were M2F???  Have I been mistaken all these months or is it a typo??

Answer to your thread.  Zero, and I don't miss it!!!! ;)

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Cindi Jones

I have no interest.  I feel like you Teri Anne.  I am not a slave to my sexual desires.  I don't miss it and I rarely think of it.  I am very fortunate that my hubby understands me.  Now, honestly, as we consider getting older... shouldn't the hereditary need to procreate diminish?  I know that it doesn't for men.  My mother still complains about my father's ..... okay... I won't go there.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

SusanKay140

It's technically impossible to respond to this poll, because my "all the way-er" hasn't gone all the way for several years.  This actually doesn't personally bother me (it's presence down there in the default (uninflated) position is already too much of a bulge without being pumped up, but of course my wife, being a very normal GW misses it considerably.  While being very normal, she is also loving, accepting and helpful to a TG mate, which does make her very non-average, and me incredibly lucky.

That said, and not having standard operating procedure penetration, we most assuredly do have loving physical relations using other means, as they say.  That occurs in the 5 times a month range shown in the poll.
  •  

DawnL

Does going--er--all the way include with ourselves?  I still have an interest in sex and my
new body is highly orgasmic but I don't have a bed buddy and I'm not all that interested in
finding one.  I'm having fabulous sex with myself, why mess it up with somebody else who
isn't nearly as attractive as my imaginary lovers?  Does that count on your poll? 

Dawn
  •  

Melissa

My vagina's not quite deep enough yet. :(

Melissa
  •  

beth

I think it is common for couples to rarely  "go all the way" when they are older and have been together for a long time.  Obviously this does not include everyone.  I do think it would be hard to start a relationship without sex though. I think most everyone would expect that to be part of a new love. I think part of the satisfaction of being a woman is to please a partner even if it isn't the womans first priority. Sexual appetites are rarely matched in couples but love and respect bring them both to compromise. True love over time will not lessen the need for intimacy but going all the way is far from the most important form of intimacy.

beth
  •  

LynnER

The answer woud have been the 20+ a month but I dont have my ex fience, hence why shes my EX fience...  :(   I dont miss her nearly as much anymore but I do miss the companionship and I do miss intamicy... She did complain that I wasnt interested enough in sex but then again she was a total nympho....

Then I started HRT and went from a null drive into overdrive which is kinda wierd I know but *shrugs*  Anyways Im pretty sure whom ever I end up with ittle be atleast 10 to 20+ times a month once things get going.... Im just going to have to wait a year or so first, but by then I'll have probably calmed down  LoL
  •  

Steph

At the present time I'm not missing intercourse as my sex drive is none-existant at the moment, and frankly I have "Other" things on my mind.  Post operative, with the reduction of meds, I hope that it will return.  After all I have to check things out and see that it works as it is suppose to :)  Even Gill has said "I know you, you are going to want to try it out" :)

Steph
  •  

nonie

My bf and I used to do it almost every day, but it kind of became a function and I lost interest and just tried to do it cuz he wanted to...  For a few months we'v only been doing it once or twice a week.  I've been feeling more and more male, or not trying so hard to think I was a liberated female, or something, and don't find him attractive as much as I used to...  Too straight...  I still get on great with myself though :)
  •  

angelsgirl

*giggle giggle giggle* Oh come on! Somebody around here has to be immature!

Okay, well that poll is a little difficult for me to answer because it depends on what you mean by "all the way"  If we're talking about intercourse, I haven't done that for a year. Sometimes I think that I miss it, but then I think about what it's actually like and then I don't miss it anymore.  The lesbian-type sex has been phenomenal and if that counts as "all the way" I would say that 5 per month with my partner in passion and maybe 2-3 more times flying solo. 

While I do tend to have a fearsome sex drive, however, I'm usually too exhausted to do anything about it at the end of the day. I prefer morning sex, but I don't have time.

Oddly enough, I've (we've) found that refraining from sex most days of the week make it an extra special treat when it does happen.  It's always more passionate and more satisfying when it's been a week than it is when it's been two days.  More than that it does just become "business as usual" and loses alot of its appeal.

That's my too-true, two-cents!
  •  

Mario

Nothing more to say ;)

Marco
  •  

Teri Anne

Hi all.  Uh, Tinkerbell, you guessed it.  I'm M2F, not F2M (not that there's anything wrong with that, as Jerry Seinfeld would say, lol).

In my mind, going all the way would have to involve two people (unless you have a split personality or multiple personalities within you).  I would say oral sex with lesbians would constitute going all the way in my book.  'Course you'all can write whatever book you want, ha!

Anyway, thanks all for making me not feel like I'm the only one in the room who isn't somewhat passive or uninterested in sexual intercourse.  I noticed, by the way, that my lack of interest in sex definitely dropped when I started taking estrogen.  And, of course, conversely, some genetic women take a mild amount of testosterone to try to generate interest.

Thank you again for all your thoughts.

Teri Anne
  •  

Hazumu

Thank you, Teri, for the clarification.  That makes me hard-core BAV -- without waiting to be post-op!

I can certainly -- uhm -- 'entertain' myself, much as Dawn 'entertains' herself.  I do look forward to experiencing orgasms post-op -- my current orgasms have transformed themselves considerably since starting HRT.  If this is what a female orgasm is like... [said in a low, husky voice] "...yeah, baby!..."

Karen
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Karen on November 02, 2006, 10:22:19 PM
If this is what a female orgasm is like... [said in a low, husky voice] "...yeah, baby!..."

Karen

LOL ;D......OMG Karen, you are too funny!!!!  LOL

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

angelsgirl

Quotemy lack of interest in sex definitely dropped when I started taking estrogen.  And, of course, conversely, some genetic women take a mild amount of testosterone to try to generate interest.

Yes, estrogen is known to decrease sex drive. This is listed side effect on birth control pills and patches in which estrogen is one of the ingredients.  It's also true that some women are prescribed testosterone cream to boost the sex drive.  I probably have that furious sex drive that I mentioned because of my androgen disorder. 
  •  

Natkat

Quote from: Teri Anne on November 02, 2006, 09:13:55 PM
Hi all.  Uh, Tinkerbell, you guessed it.  I'm M2F, not F2M (not that there's anything wrong with that, as Jerry Seinfeld would say, lol).

In my mind, going all the way would have to involve two people (unless you have a split personality or multiple personalities within you).  I would say oral sex with lesbians would constitute going all the way in my book.  'Course you'all can write whatever book you want, ha!

Anyway, thanks all for making me not feel like I'm the only one in the room who isn't somewhat passive or uninterested in sexual intercourse.  I noticed, by the way, that my lack of interest in sex definitely dropped when I started taking estrogen.  And, of course, conversely, some genetic women take a mild amount of testosterone to try to generate interest.

Thank you again for all your thoughts.

Teri Anne

I like how you refern oralsex as all the way,
not like its wrong, I just found it hard to answer the poll as "all the way" cause as I consider all the way is probebly very diffrent of what most in my sociaty would think.

manly the man vs woman vegina sex is "all the way" and if your gay its analsex, if your a lesbian then you got the exeption.
I dont agree that this is all the way and the only way to have sex, but I belive sociaty say thats how we should do it, like before I had vegina sex I would still be considered a virgin even when I had had other kinds of sex?

I wonder if your thinking something simular?

•