Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I had an addiction

Started by andro, March 12, 2011, 04:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andro

to crack cocaine two years ago. I stupidly jumped into a relationship with someone that later relieved they did this drug and after trying to help that person get sober and fighting and frustration i just gave up and said if its so great, let me try. WORST mistake in my entire life! My depression issues and unresolved past pains led me right to that "let me try stupidity" 6 months later i had no job, lost pretty much my savings and most of my possessions and was at rock bottom. I decided that was enough and thankfully a family member believed in me enough to allow me to stay with them. I started rehab and successfully graduated two years ago without one relapse. I still cannot find work in my field, the room mate i had (i moved to ca to start fresh) that i loaned 10,000 dollars to set me up, her and her gf got me into an argument and the B word was used by both the gf and i , gf hit me and i restrained her. I had no phone and the roommate threatened to tell police i started the whole indecent. So i got scared and did nothing. Later, i was served with restraining orders by both and forced to leave apartment. I had no where to go but the downtown shelter. Through all of that i have remained sober and hopeful to get my life back on track and become independent and happy again.

one thing i would say is that i took responsibility for my fault, the original gal did not force me to do drugs, I chose to. While she was horrible to me, stole from me, hit me, destroyed my property, i chose to stay and get involved in the first place. One of the most healing things one can do is take responsibility and forgive...not only yourself but the other person/persons involved.
  •  

gothique11

Glad to hear you're clean and sober at the shelter. :)  I hope that you get your life back together, too. Yeah, crack is whack -- be there, done that, got the t-shirt and sold it for rock. o_0  I've been off it for 5 months, and off everything else (drinking) for just over 4 months.

•  

andro

Congrats on moving away from that! Best thing that stuck with me in rehab from a fellow patient, was recovery does not have to involve relapse! You can do it and how awesome are you! :)
  •