News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Bad Jokes

Started by Cindy, March 13, 2011, 03:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexis

Quote from: Connie Anne on September 08, 2012, 09:31:36 AM
Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar. And it doesn't.
Is it bad that I like that one?
  •  

Kevin Peña

•  

Rowan Rue

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Twyla on September 08, 2012, 10:04:09 AM

Thanks, now I have that song in my head...you know the one, the song the radio plays 18 times every hour.

And this is crazy...call me maybe...
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Rowan Rue

QuoteThanks, now I have that song in my head...you know the one, the song the radio plays 18 times every hour.

And this is crazy...call me maybe...

Heehee, sorry, that was a little mean of me...

=^.^=

•  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Twyla on September 08, 2012, 11:46:33 AM
Heehee, sorry, that was a little mean of me...

=^.^=

At least it's a fun song...not like Devo, "crack that whip...whip it...whip it good..."

;)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Rowan Rue

Arrg! Devo o.O;

That deserves this!

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Connie Anne on September 08, 2012, 09:31:36 AM
Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar. And it doesn't.

Physics jokes are cool.
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed because of stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. (darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how???...) On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's "just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh)! On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????..)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine:"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (and...I'm taking this because???.....)

On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.) On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash!)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."

On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: Ms. OBrien on September 08, 2012, 12:52:29 PM
In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed because of stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. (darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how???...) On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's "just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh)! On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????..)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine:"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (and...I'm taking this because???.....)

On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.) On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a news flash!)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."

On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals." (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

What people won't do to stop lawsuits. Also, PEANUTS AREN'T NUTS!!!

Quote from: Jamie D on September 08, 2012, 12:46:13 PM
Physics jokes are cool.

Then get ready for a field day.
Q: Why are quantum physicists so poor at sex?
A: Because when they find the position, they can't find the momentum, and when they have the momentum, they can't find the position.

Q: Where does bad light end up?
A: In a prism.

Title: A Sexual Encounter between a Capacitor and an Inductor

One evening, with his charge at full capacity, Micro Farad decided to get a cute coil to discharge him. He went to the Magnet Bar to pick up a chip called Millie Amp. He caught her out back trying self induction; fortunately, she had not damaged her solenoid. The two took off on his megacycle and rode across the Wheatstone Bridge into a magnetic field, next to a flowing current , to watch the sine waves.

Micro Farad was very much stimulated by Millie's characteristic curve. Being attractive himself, he soon had her field fully excited. He set her on the ground potential, raised his frequency, lowered her resistance, and pulled out his high voltage probe. When he inserted it in parallel, he short-circuited her shunt. Fully excited, Millie cried out, "ohm, ohm, give me mho". As he increased his tube to maximum output, her coil vibrated from the current flow. It did not take long for her shunt to reach maximum heat. Now with the excessive current shortening her shunt, Micro's capacity rapidly discharged – every electron was drained off. But that was not the end of it. Indeed, they fluxed all night, tried various connections and hookings until his bar magnet weakened, and he could no longer generate enough voltage to sustain his collapsing field. With his battery fully discharged, Micro was unable to excite his tickler, so they went home. A few weeks later, they were merged forever and oscillated happily ever after.

Q: How many theoretical physicists specializing in general relativity does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two. One to hold the bulb and one to rotate the universe.

Q: What is the simplest way to observe the optical Doppler effect?
A: Go out at and look at cars. The lights of the ones approaching you are white, while the lights of the ones moving away from you are red.

The Official Unabashed Scientific Dictionary defines a transistor as a nun who's had a sex change.

Does a radioactive cat have 18 half-lives?

The Heineken Uncertainty Principle says "You can never be sure how many beers you had last night."

Physics quote of the day: Anything that doesn't matter has no mass.

A student riding in a train looks up and sees Einstein sitting next to him. Excited he asks, "Excuse me, professor. Does Boston stop at this train?"

Q: What did the male magnet say to the female magnet?
A: From your backside, I thought you were repulsive. However, after seeing you from the front, I find you rather attractive.
  •  

Jamie D

Thank you Diana.  I have stolen the Nun joke for my profile.
  •  

Josie M

Hmmm....a Rick roll....how quaint...... :P

Quote from: Twyla on September 08, 2012, 12:40:12 PM
Arrg! Devo o.O;

That deserves this!

•  

Josie M

Did you know that Julie Andrews is psychic?  but she can only predict the onset of bad breath.

I read it in the headlines yesterday, "Super California Psychic, Expert Halitosis"
  •  

dalebert

This one is especially for Ms. OBrien.

Ms. OBrien CVT

Murphy's wife told him he should put a pair of clean socks on every day. By Friday he couldn't get his boots on.

Why was the chessmaster interested in foreign women?
He wanted a Czech mate.

A man is driving down the road and breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says, "My car broke down. Do you think I could stay the night?" The monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner, even fix his car. As the man tries to fall asleep, he hears a strange sound. The next morning, he asks the monks what the sound was, but they say, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk." The man is disappointed but thanks them anyway and goes about his merry way.

Some years later, the same man breaks down in front of the same monastery. The monks accept him, feed him, even fix his car. That night, he hears the same strange noise that he had heard years earlier. The next morning, he asks what it was, but the monks reply, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk."

The man says, "All right, all right. I'm dying to know. If the only way I can find out what that sound was is to become a monk, how do I become a monk?"

The monks reply, "You must travel the earth and tell us how many blades of grass there are and the exact number of sand pebbles. When you find these numbers, you will become a monk."

The man sets about his task. Forty five years later, he returns and knocks on the door of the monastery. He says, "I have travelled the earth and have found what you have asked for. There are 145,236,284,232 blades of grass and 231,281,219,999,129,382 sand pebbles on the earth."

The monks reply, "Congratulations. You are now a monk. We shall now show you the way to the sound." The monks lead the man to a wooden door, where the head monk says, "The sound is right behind that door."

The man reaches for the knob, but the door is locked. He says, "Real funny. May I have the key?" The monks give him the key, and he opens the door. Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone. The man demands the key to the stone door. The monks give him the key, and he opens it, only to find a door made of ruby. He demands another key from the monks, who provide it. Behind that door is another door, this one made of sapphire. So it went until the man had gone through doors of emerald, silver, topaz, and amethyst.

Finally, the monks say, "This is the last key to the last door." The man is relieved to no end. He unlocks the door, turns the knob, and behind that door he is amazed to find the source of that strange sound.

But I can't tell you what it is, because you're not a monk.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Ms. OBrien on September 12, 2012, 09:37:04 AM
But I can't tell you what it is, because you're not a monk.
Wait, what? You can't ...

Jamie D

I sort of miss laughing.  :(
  •  

MariaMx

One of my recent favorites

"Of course!"
  •  

dalebert

A termite walks into a bar and asks, "Is the bar tender here"

...Get it? He walked into a bar because he wanted a drink. That's why he was asking for the barkeep. It's funny because insects usually don't drink alcohol. Also, they can't talk so what would he have said to the barkeep anyways?