News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Warm weather clothes

Started by Lee, March 18, 2011, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyril

Quote from: Kohdy on March 21, 2011, 12:16:03 PM
I've glanced at my wardrobe and I've noticed that I only have maybe one or two cargo shorts, whereas I have tons of jeans (just men's carpenter jeans now, I got rid of all my girly cut jeans a while ago). Time to go to Goodwill and Walmart again lol. Since it's starting to get hot here, I've been wearing my binder, a white A-style undershirt, and a button up shirt. Right now I keep my button-up closed because I notice that the binder is a bit noticeable under my undershirt. Am I supposed to wear a T-shirt over my undershirt? Or is there some type of white undershirt that isn't see-through that I'm not aware of? I'm afraid of layering when it's hot out like this and I want to be able to have my button-up shirt open without revealing my binder underneath.
If I wear a white undershirt, I layer. If I don't want to layer, I wear a nonwhite undershirt (even just ivory/natural cotton colour is more opaque than the bleached white standard undershirt)

•  

insideontheoutside

If you're wearing a binder I might almost consider that as the "undershirt" with a regular color tshirt or polo shirt over it. It seems it would be awful hot with the binder, an undershirt and a t-shirt.

I also see lots of guys wearing track jackets or windbreaker type jackets even in the summer. Some of the stuff Nike makes for instance is really breathable even though it's an extra layer.
"Let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive."
  •  

xAndrewx

Quote from: Kohdy on March 21, 2011, 12:16:03 PM
Or is there some type of white undershirt that isn't see-through that I'm not aware of?

They are hard to find but there are high thread-count A-shirts and plain white t-shirts that are less see-through. I use a thick one to wear over my binder when I change in the locker room at work when I don't change in a stall.

Kohitsu

Kyril: A nonwhite undershirt sounds like a good idea. All I have right now are tons of white undershirts, guess I need to do more shopping soon...

insideontheoutside: Well the problem with my binder being an "undershirt" is it's the tritop underworks style binder and I cut off a few inches off the bottom of my old one (I need to buy more tritops soon, this everyday one is getting ragged), so I'm afraid it looks more like a "sports bra" type thing than an "undershirt". I had to cut it off because I have a gut and it kept rolling up on me and pulverizing my rib cage. I haven't tried the full compression binder from underworks that some people rave about, and I suppose it would better serve the purpose of being an "undershirt" (if only I had the money right now). As for a track jacket, I don't know. I'll consider it a possibility, but seems like a lot of layers for the summer still to wear a light jacket over everything I wear now (in the spring here it's already gotten up to 70-80 degrees F, in the summer it can get to 110 F).

Andrew: Cool, I'll keep an eye out for high thread-count white shirts in the future then.
  •  

Brent123

I tend to wear polos and cargo shorts. Black polos tend to hide everything better for some reason. Maybe its sliming. I don't really know. I've heard shirts with vertical stripes are also sliming and would hide hips better. Haven't really tried it though.

But graphic tees are amazing. I wear t-shirts with a big graphic design on the front. The design tends to distract from anything else.
Every day brings me one step closer to being myself.
  •  

Kohitsu

I think black is very slimming. And I used to wear black Tshirts all the time, but now I'm thinking that I need to wear black/darker clothes on bottom. My chest is tiny (size A without a binder, moobs are invisible when wearing a binder), it's my hips that I need to slim down/turn attention away from. I think it depends on body shape on what article of clothing you wear should be black/dark. If black is slimming, does anyone know what color would widen (for me in this instance, wanting to widen appearance of shoulders so they look bigger than my hips in comparison)? Would that color perhaps be white or bright colors?
  •  

kyril

Lighter colours can help with widening, but shape plays a bigger role. Heavy fabrics, structured cuts, and proper fitting (fitting closely at the shoulder but not pulling/stretching at the hips) all contribute to the illusion that your shoulders are wider. Tank tops and muscle shirts can also make you look broader, if you don't have binder underarm spillage.

•  

insideontheoutside

Quote from: Kohdy on March 22, 2011, 08:15:02 AM

insideontheoutside: Well the problem with my binder being an "undershirt" is it's the tritop underworks style binder and I cut off a few inches off the bottom of my old one (I need to buy more tritops soon, this everyday one is getting ragged), so I'm afraid it looks more like a "sports bra" type thing than an "undershirt". I had to cut it off because I have a gut and it kept rolling up on me and pulverizing my rib cage. I haven't tried the full compression binder from underworks that some people rave about, and I suppose it would better serve the purpose of being an "undershirt" (if only I had the money right now). As for a track jacket, I don't know. I'll consider it a possibility, but seems like a lot of layers for the summer still to wear a light jacket over everything I wear now (in the spring here it's already gotten up to 70-80 degrees F, in the summer it can get to 110 F).

Ah ok! I actually had an underworks "compression tank" that I ended up just donating because it did nothing at all for me - like it just seemed like an undershirt style rather than anything with binding capability. I'm anxiously awaiting a "loveboat" one I just bought to see if it makes a difference (had really good reviews) and then I can try just wearing t-shirts all summer :)
"Let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive."
  •