Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Cops

Started by kaide, March 25, 2011, 03:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaide

Why do most cops seem to have problems with trans people?

I have only met one cop that was nice to me. I have a warrant on my car, not my warrant, its a long story. Well he pulled me over once as a male, and he let me go. I got pulled over again as female and it took him a bit and he remembered me, and he kind of laughed and was like oooh I remember you now, and we chatted and he let me go again since its not my warrant.

Well, Another cop pulled me over *I still had my old ID at this point* and he knew I was trans. He pulled me over every day for random stuff, just to try and give me tickets, and threaten to take me to jail for no reason. He'd see my car and he'd make u-turns to pulled me over even. After calling his boss, it stopped. I've had other troubles with cops, and they automatically assume the worst of you it seems. Are most cops just like that? Or do they just have something against transgenders?

•  

Devlyn

I can't answer that, I don't like anything that comes in a blue uniform. They don't like me, either, my traffic violations sheet is about three pages long! I just think sideways feels better in a car.
  •  

V M

What some folks seem to forget is that Cops are people too... Some are going to be nice, others will be >-bleeped-<s and even the nicer cops tend to not like the >-bleeped-< cops... And of coarse your individual behavior has allot to do with how your interaction with Mr. or Ms. Wiggly (fav. pet term) may go

I had a warrant years ago for something ridiculous that just got thrown out when I finally got around to getting it handled... But before that I got rolled up on by this cop that just seem to have it out for me... Then a couple more cops show up and they're like "Oh brother..." ::)

So while they're all discussing things another call came in and the two senior officers tell Jr. to go check it out while they get me handled... Soon as he jumped in his car and left they told me to take a walk and try to avoid Jr. and of coarse to go get my warrant taken care of asap
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Yakshini

From the sounds of it, this cop that was giving you trouble was just using his position of power to actually do something for his own personal prejudices.
  •  

tekla

You know the 99% of them who are power-hungry jerks are giving the 1% who are good and decent people a bad name.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

wheat thins are delicious

Quote from: Virginia Marie on March 25, 2011, 06:20:12 PM
What some folks seem to forget is that Cops are people too... Some are going to be nice, others will be >-bleeped-<s and even the nicer cops tend to not like the >-bleeped-< cops

Quote from: Yakshini on March 26, 2011, 11:03:21 PM
From the sounds of it, this cop that was giving you trouble was just using his position of power to actually do something for his own personal prejudices.

I have to agree with both Virginia and Yakshini

•  

Kristi Lyn

Kaide, I am very sorry and I apologize for my brethren. I am a veteran Sheriff's Deputy of 18 years and transitioning myself. I am appalled but I will say where several of my close cop friends have stood by me, there were those that still like to talk about me wearing girls clothes and make crude jokes and laugh. Several of my friends have stood up to these bigots and defended my choices. Do not be dissuaded by this as they are the 1% that gives us all a bad name. Once again my apologies.

Kristi
  •