Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

When you are down what Christian songs lift you up?

Started by SarahM777, March 26, 2011, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylen kantari

Learning to run freely
  •  

King Malachite

Normally, I don't like contemporary gospel music, but I just found out about this song, and it catches my attention.  It is from a lesbian singer.  This song is calming, yet militant to me, and that is why I like it.  Talk about a true King!!!!

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

SarahM777

Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

Kellam

Simple Gifts. I sing that through a time or two and I can get through anything.
https://atranswomanstale.wordpress.com This is my blog A Trans Woman's Tale -Chris Jen Kellam-Scott

"You must always be yourself, no matter what the price. It is the highest form of morality."   -Candy Darling

•  

SarahM777

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

SarahMarie1987

When I get really stressed, worried, or depressed about things in my life not going the way I think they should, this song by Francesca Battistelli always cheers me up. It is called "This Is The Stuff"

If the link doesn't work, please let me know!  ;D
"I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes"- Pink
  •  

King Malachite

I love this song, and as I listen to it, I'm finding more ways that it relates to me and my "transition" in a sense.  So uplifting!

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

King Malachite

Time to revive this thread as I'm sure some people may need some uplifting!

Twila Paris- Band of Survivors

•  

Sarah1979

Who I Am - Blanca

It reminds me that I don't truly belong to this world. I belong to Him.

•  

Jin

I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Melinda@heart

Kari Jobe - You are for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Melinda@heart

•  

MaryT

Be Still My Soul.  I can't always believe in God and when I can, I can't always praise him for everything in the world.  But even listening myself to Be Still My Soul, I feel that there must be a God who is also listening.

To Be A Pilgrim.  I prefer John Bunyan's original lyrics to the English Hymnal, i.e.
"Hobgoblin nor foul fiend can daunt his spirit".

I also like Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise and Oh Worship the King, All Glorious Above.  It may be partly because both refer to God as The Ancient of Days and I like that name.

•  

SarahM777

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

SarahM777

The Fourth Doctor
  •