Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

As I was saying before I so rudely interrupted my self ...

Started by Susan Kay, April 03, 2011, 02:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Kay

My name is Susan Kay, and I'm transgendered. I lurked around here a few years ago. Since I left, I located a transgender support group in December, 2009. That lead to a therapist, who quickly lead me to a hormone prescriber. The day I went on them (March 10, 2010) I consider my second birthday, the change and improvement was so quick and thorough. I went full time the first of last September. I contacted 10 GRS surgeons for information, heard back from 6 of them, and selected one in January. I have an appointment Monday to get my second therapist's letter, which will come in handy, since surgery is scheduled May 31.

I have seen so much improvement in me as a person in this time. A constant for most of us is stress, sometimes unrelenting, debilitating, crushing stress - that is if we allow it to rule us. I won't claim to have it wrestled to the ground, but it does not have me anywhere pinned either.

I'm not a long poster and I will live up to that claim now, chiming in periodically, probably sometimes where not particularly wanted, but hopefully with a bit more tact them previously displayed. But who knows. I try.

Susan Kay
Remember, people are very open-minded about new things --- so long as they are exactly like the old ones.

- Paul de Kruif
  •  

justmeinoz

"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Padma

There's no reason why we have to wait until we're old to get reborn ;). Enjoy the next part of your journey x

Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Devlyn

Hi Susan, nice to meet you! I'm always butting in where I'm not wanted, too! In fact, I've made it my lifes work. Hugs, Tracey
  •  

annette

Hi Susan

Welcome to the forums.
I think you're gonna make a lot of friends.
Looking forward to your future posts

hug
Annette
  •  

Janet_Girl

Hi Susan, :icon_wave:

Welcome to our little family. Over 5900 strong. That would be one heck of a family reunion.

Feel free to post your successes/failures, Hopes/dreams.  Ask questions and seek answers. Give and receive advice.

But remember we are family here, your family now. And it is always nice to have another sister. :icon_hug:

And be sure to check out these links ( MUST READS )

Hugs and Love,
Janet
  •  

Susan Kay

First, thank you for the kind words.

An update:

I had my regular therapy appointment today, and he gave me an intro letter to the second therapist, saying he would be issuing my first letter. that was followed immediately by an appointment with the second therapist, who said "No problem, she would be glad to write the second letter!" In other words, just a regular, non-eventful day. NOT!

Onward! At this point, I have almost no hurdles prior to May 31, when I get a small body re-alignment. Look out soul, the flesh is on the way to matching!!! Finally! I think I finally realize that this is possible. The only hurdle remaining is me, and I promise I will not stand in the way.

Susan Kay

PS:  Also, Janet Lynn, it's good to see you still around.
Remember, people are very open-minded about new things --- so long as they are exactly like the old ones.

- Paul de Kruif
  •