Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you ever feel envious of those with Faith?

Started by Yakshini, April 05, 2011, 12:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TicTac

I would probably be a happier person if I followed a religion, but I just don't know if I can believe in any of it. Knowing that I will forget everything that I experienced and accomplished once I die makes life seem pointless and not worth living. What I do or don't do does not matter in the end because nothing matters and it SUCKS. I became an atheist when I was 11 and I think that was a mistake because I have been miserable ever since.

•  

AnneK

^^^^
Why would believing delusion make you happier?
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: TicTac on April 15, 2018, 01:54:17 PM
I would probably be a happier person if I followed a religion, but I just don't know if I can believe in any of it. Knowing that I will forget everything that I experienced and accomplished once I die makes life seem pointless and not worth living. What I do or don't do does not matter in the end because nothing matters and it SUCKS. I became an atheist when I was 11 and I think that was a mistake because I have been miserable ever since.

I go to church as a social function, and a way to connect locally with my peers.. It has nothing to do with undying devotion and adoration to some obscure allegedly benevolent deity.  After all, if 'god' (goddess?) was truly loving would they have designed so many mistakes in humanity, allow suffering, childhood cancer, terrible cruely, etc.??

Nope I'm more ancient aliens theorist.. we were seeded, socially manipulated, then released to our own wiles.  Doesn't mean I won't go to church & sing with the rest however.  What it does mean however, is I realized long ago praying to god wouldn't solve my problems.  Ironically the very thing I prayed & begged for for decades ... I had all along.  SO you never know! There is always hope :) :) :)  On that note I needed to be more specific with my wish :P  As any good AD&D player will tell you, careful what you wish for.
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Doreen on April 15, 2018, 02:22:39 PM
I go to church as a social function, and a way to connect locally with my peers.. It has nothing to do with undying devotion and adoration to some obscure allegedly benevolent deity.  After all, if 'god' (goddess?) was truly loving would they have designed so many mistakes in humanity, allow suffering, childhood cancer, terrible cruely, etc.??

Nope I'm more ancient aliens theorist.. we were seeded, socially manipulated, then released to our own wiles.  Doesn't mean I won't go to church & sing with the rest however.  What it does mean however, is I realized long ago praying to god wouldn't solve my problems.  Ironically the very thing I prayed & begged for for decades ... I had all along.  SO you never know! There is always hope :) :) :)  On that note I needed to be more specific with my wish :P  As any good AD&D player will tell you, careful what you wish for.

My dad took me to a church once...it was not for me lol. I have grown a slight interest in the whole Wicca thing, but like you I do not believe in gods and goddesses so I cannot really be apart of that, and besides I think my family needs to have a history with the religion to even be apart of the whole Wicca thing. But yeah, the world is to >-bleeped-<ty for gods to exist.

An ancient aliens theorist? The idea is an interesting one but I personally do not believe in it. However, it definitively would make Humanity more interesting as a species.

The wishes I made with spells a few years ago did come true...to an extent, but in reality I was the one who made those things happen and not the wishes. Who knows though...
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: AnneK on April 15, 2018, 02:16:44 PM
^^^^
Why would believing delusion make you happier?

Sometimes people need to believe in delusions in order to be happy. There are probably people out in the world who know that their religion is BS, but they believe it anyways because the truth is a bit depressing. The idea that you are dead and gone forever once you hit the bucket is a depressing thought, and plus you will never get to see family members again after they die.

I became an atheist when I was 11 and that is what I will die as, but that does not mean I have to like being one. Of course religion is BS but it is nice to think of the maybe's and what ifs. Also, I do not like the idea of worshiping a god so me and religion could never work anyways I suppose.
  •