Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

your opposite gender name

Started by Marie Sue S, April 06, 2011, 12:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Baum

I used Maureen, a feminized version of my male nickname, from my teens until my early 20s partly because I admired an old baby sitter by that name and partly because that would have been my mother's choice had I been born (um) differently.  I never really gave it much thought until... 

One night shortly before Chelle and I were married, we were headed for a girl's night out when she asked me for help with a stuck zipper.  "Thank you, Sue." 
I looked at her and she at me.  "I never thought your name fits.  You are a Sue or Suzy to me." 

Susan Maureen
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

Salina

Actually, I thought long on this but couldn't come up with a name I liked,  Then one day I heard the name Salina and it just felt right for me, so thats how I took the name Salina.
  •  

Oinoss

I remember playing a star wars game, and after gettin to know Handmaiden - reveals her name as Brianna.

I always liked that name, daughter its Brianna - boy its Roland (oh me looking towards the future :P)

-Brianna
  •  

emma311

I'm new to all of this, but I have known for quite a while that my parents thought I was going to be a girl till about 2 months before I was born, and for a long time they had Emily picked out.  Since I'm not really a big fan of that name I chose a close derivative, Emma.  And for a last name I wanted to use something of a character I love from TV.  Since one of my favorite shows is How I Met Your Mother, I wanted to use a derivative of Robin, so I ended up with:
Emma Robyn
  •  

kayla.kk

iv had a bunch of girl names i went thru but never could pick it. hailie jade or shianne but 4 some reason i picked this name. kayla lee. actually thats my real middle name. i was thinking kayla kay lol but NO NO lol my last name starts with a K would end up kkk so i like kayla lee would be better :)
  •  

Anastasia

I was up very late one night a long time ago, (back when I had just upgraded to the brand new 56k modem) and was in something of a trance as I signed up at ...Nature's Path I think it was called...when I came out of it, I had  logged in as Anastasia. I liked the name and kept it. The funny thing is that a few (12) years later, I was talking to my mom about baby names. My sister was pregnant and keeping quiet about the names she had picked. I asked my mom what my sisters name would have been had she been a boy and what would my name have been if I had been a girl. My girl name was Anastasia, so I knew I had found my feminine name. It was my great grandmothers name.
  •  

Genevieve Swann

My femme name is a modification of my male name. It took weeks to finally decide. My spouse would call me Melissa. I really didn't care for it much so I choose my own.

kim99962

It just pop into my head and it felt right Kim
  •  

LanaJohn

Mine came to me in a dream while in college the first time around.  As I believe in past lives and the paranormal and  I had no idea what I had been going through my whole life I dismissed it as something entirely different. Now, 20 years later and having discovered my true self and understanding it now I am very pleased to have remembered that dream.  I'm a little late getting to your post but I'd say don't try too hard, try to think about it one night as you're going to bed and maybe it will come to you that way. Good luck. Hugs, Lana B.
  •  

Lady_J

When I have my name legally changed I'll use Lisa Marie because that was the name my mother had planned for me if I'd been born her bouncing biological baby girl.   :)  Feel free to call me LadyJ or Lisa.  I'll answer to either. 
  •  

Tyler92

I had thought about this for a long time what my female name would be, and I came up with so many I liked, but most of them were also names of people I knew, and I just thought that would feel weird. I had decided on Candy long ago, then after quite some time, I thought Skylar/Skyler would be great. Then one day when I was talking to a friend on names I could use, and she said the name Rachel. I had debated that one before, and never really cared for it all that much, but now, it just seemed to fit with me. So, if I ever go public with this (hopefully I do), I'm gonna use the name Rachel
  •  

prettydar

My first girlfriend was named Darlene.  I was and still am enamored with her and I want(ed) to be as pretty as she was/is.
  •  

Natalie3174

•  

ajborelli

well everyone says my name should just be Eric since that is the male form of my birth name but i dont like that name.
at first my name was skylar but people started calling me skysky and still kept the female pronouns so i was like no, i remmeber my dad telling me how he and my mother loved the name Andrew, and i love the name Drew, so i picked Andrew as my first name. and than my middle name is James which is my best friends name, i love him so much and he has helped me through everything so i thought it would be a nice touch and i also have his last name.
  •  

AbraCadabra

I used to be Michael in kindergarten. I later learned they wouldn't accept me (Dominican Nuns) with a heathen name (Axel), so I never knew I was Axel!
Only after ~5 years it was changed "par ordre du mufti" (my mom) and I became Axel. As it turned out I was never too fond of it really and initially quite sort of confused. (a pre-taste of transition name changes?)

In any case my femme name is Axelle and I am very happy with it since having become Axelle, I am Axelle, it didn't take very long. It actually only features in France and Fr. Belgium.

Self being German born it would be VERY odd in deed if pronounced in German. In French it sounds lovely (go to Google Translate and listen to the French proper pronunciation). Living in SA, English speakers have less of a problem. Bless it!
Michael becomes Michelle... more French yet again, but so be it. I also always liked Michelle (think of the Beatles song... :-)
Now if folks for their own dang reasons still want to call me Axel (like the rear or front axle) and Mr. me to boot... SO WHAT?!
If it makes them feel better, hey?
All know of course I'm Axelle since my transition but some just have a block or chips on their shoulders. C'est tout, voilà :-)
Et une bonne soirée mes amis, hee-hee
Axelle

Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

kim99962

I have always like the name Kim and it just stuck with me and it just fit me
  •  

Herwinteress

Quote from: Amy85 on April 10, 2011, 12:31:54 PM
I just always liked the name Amy. My Mother told me once when I was young that I was going to be named Sharon if I had been born female, but I'm not too keen on that name so I just went with what I liked  :)

In the same exact boat. My mom would've called me Stacy but I'm just not a big fan of the name (sorry Mom!!!).

Jess is actually a play off my middle name, Jesse.

Works for me. :)
  •  

Sage

I chose the name Sage for my masculine part of myself because of a story I was writing.

This story is about a fifteen-year-old boy named Sage, who was born with a devil's tail and didn't know why, and had to face discrimination every day for being born that way.  Psychologically telling, no?  lol.   :laugh:

I asked my fiance, "What do you think my name would be if I were a guy?"

His immediate response was, "Sage.  You subconsciously created Sage's character as male version of yourself."

And believe it or not, he was right.   ::)  It's wonderful how intuitive he is. 
"Be whoever you are, but be loud. Be completely fearless when you do it. That's the big thing. Just be a fearless person. A fearless artist, a fearless accountant. Whatever you want to be." - Gerard Way, My Chemical Romance

私は死にかむ。
  •  

Susan Howard

I always associated with Susan, and felt that or Melissa should have been my name.   Howard, the name of someone I dated after college, was added because Susan was already taken.  As my pills show results, I trust I will live up to my name!   
  •  

Sage

Quote from: Susan Howard on July 16, 2011, 03:19:24 PM
As my pills show results, I trust I will live up to my name!

That's awesome, good for you!   ;D

Random side note: my parents thought I was going to be a boy up until the day I was born.  They were going to call me Frances.   :-\  Sorry, Mom, no thanks!  :D
"Be whoever you are, but be loud. Be completely fearless when you do it. That's the big thing. Just be a fearless person. A fearless artist, a fearless accountant. Whatever you want to be." - Gerard Way, My Chemical Romance

私は死にかむ。
  •