Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Question someone asked this girl I follow on Tumblr.

Started by jacob.ayden.averi, February 03, 2011, 11:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeryGnawty

Quote from: Emelye on February 09, 1974, 11:17:14 PMCountering the false charges in this rant with dispassionate logic and facts should be pretty easy.  Is anyone up to the task?

It would be illogical to waste time countering an argument by people who ignore logic outright.
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

tekla

A large part of that is Poe's Law stuff.  Much of that screed comes from Fark, where it was written to be a troll.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Janet_Girl

it is obvious that the thing that wrote this piece of dribble.  they most like are anti-equal rights for anyone who is not White, Christian and MALE.  it is this type of tripe that gets shoved down the throats of Americans.

This kind of hatred is what fuels the Christian Right Wing Agenda.
  •  

straycat

That is so full of ignorance, lies, and wishful thinking. Their side is clearly losing, but some of them are digging in.  We can't let that get us down, but it means we still have to watch our backs.
  •  

tekla

Much of that screed comes from Fark, where it was written to be a troll.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Maddie Secutura

First question you need to ask when encountering people like this: Does it matter that what you believe is true?  Second question:  Would you be willing to concede in the face of a logical argument?  A no to either of these means you shouldn't waste your time.  What I really want to ask people who are so against homosexuality is if they secretly struggle with it all the time.  That's the only way they could arrive at the conclusion that it's a choice because obviously they choose not to do anything about their attractions.

•  

xxUltraModLadyxx

just don't talk to these people. they won't listen to anything you tell them, and they will only come up with more bs to respond with. they have lost their fight when they know they can't get in any of their or our ways, and cannot get any response. they will be forced to accept what they cannot change or take a stab at.
  •  

-CRaSH-

"You want to question what we straight people value: marriage between a man and a woman"

Apparently not, seeing as the divorce rate is 50%. And in some instances 75%+

"And because only 2-3% of all people are gay"

Lol, wrong gay people make up roughly 8%-10% of the population.

Seriously, I want to see a pic of the person who wrote that.
  •  

-CRaSH-

Quote from: cynthialee on February 04, 2011, 03:41:23 PM
Wow that dude is a nut job.
While I was reading that letter I couldn't fight the feeling that a woman had wrote it.
  •  

-CRaSH-

Quote from: Emelye on February 06, 2011, 12:52:27 PM
This "letter" is typical of the anti-gay bigotry that is promoted by the "religious" right wing anti-gay hate groups like the Traditional Values Coalition, Family Research Council and the Concerned Women of America.  I've seen a lot of the same kind of vile lies and denigration in other forums, particularly in TOPIX.

It's designed to get people angry, of course, and is a definite attempt to troll.  I was tempted to delete it out of hand but decided to leave it as it's a good example of the hate that some people still harbor for same sex attracted people and for trans people too, since they make no distinction between the two groups.  Countering the false charges in this rant with dispassionate logic and facts should be pretty easy.  Is anyone up to the task?

hugs & smiles
Emelye
I wouldn't want to get too political. I could say some things about the left also.
  •