Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

And YOUR favorite BAND of all time IS?

Started by Lacey Lynne, April 11, 2011, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

I don't even like AJFA, to me they are strictly 2 and out.  But the 3 (Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lighting, Master of Puppets) are pretty damn good.  But that was a long time ago - 25 years (A QUARTER OF A CENTURY) since they were rocking like that.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Felix

everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Gretchen

Well I think we can thank the Gods of our own understandings that Dave Mustane and Les Claypool never made it with Metalica, and it looks like Les is the only one still making good music these days. Ride the Lightning is my favorite.
  •  

schism

i love les.  his bass solos do things to me.
  •  

tekla

Les is pretty fierce, he's unique in a generic world.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Lacey Lynne on April 11, 2011, 12:40:25 AM
Hey, where the heck is Tekla?  My vote?

Well, dang, there are SOOO many truly great, great bands.  How do you answer a question like this?  Dang!  Ain't easy, is it?    :P   The Beatles?  Best band ever!  Led Zeppelin?  Hammer of the Gods!  The Rolling Stones?  Don't get me started on THEM!  The list goes on and on ... however, when all is said and done, when the fat lady sings, when the cows come home ... at the end of the day ...

Many, many, many of the Haight-Ashbury freaks migrated HERE to The People's Republic of Portland after the scene faded aeons ago.  Huge contingent of Dead Heads (... of all ages! ...) here.   Every Sunday morning, as I'm crusing to L.A. Fitness, KGON's "Dawn of The Dead" is on the radio ... my version of "church!"    :D    :D    :D

:D    ::)    8)   Lacey Lynne

Okay, which band is YOUR fave?  Rock this place!

oh dear @Lacey Lynne, it would be so hard to answer your question "favorite band of all time" because as you know there are sooo many, but when pressed to pick one, it would have to be "the Jimi Hendrix Experience from 1967", just edging out Cream in the power trio space...

As far as Female performers and I think you'd agree dear friend, there was only one Janis Joplin....

Hugs

Cynthia -
  •