Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

And YOUR favorite BAND of all time IS?

Started by Lacey Lynne, April 11, 2011, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRebeccaXx

Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •  

ninjaboi

My favourite band is Snow Patrol. Also really like Evanescence, All About Eve, Coldplay, The Backstreet Boys and The Beatles!

Fave female singers: Shania Twain, Chely Wright, Faith Hill, Leanne Rimes, Delta Goodrem, Kylie, Madonna.
Fave male singers: Tim Mcgraw, Ty herndon, Bryan Adams, Enrique, Shayne Ward.
  •  

Sage

Can I say MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!

Aaaahh, I love this band....sorry if I'm being obnoxious.

And Gerard Way may not be the most macho dude in the world, but if ever a tamgible apart-from-myself male version of me existed, he (Sage) would look/behave very similarly to Gerard.  Yup.
"Be whoever you are, but be loud. Be completely fearless when you do it. That's the big thing. Just be a fearless person. A fearless artist, a fearless accountant. Whatever you want to be." - Gerard Way, My Chemical Romance

私は死にかむ。
  •  

RhinoP

My favorite artist of all time would be Jade Valerie (of the musical classical-meets-pop projects of Sweetbox, Jade Valerie, Saint Vox, Eternity..)

But if she were to quit music, my next favorites would be Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth), Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, Bass Communion, Steven Wilson, Blackfield), Cradle Of Filth, Novembre, Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga, Serena Ryder, Ladyhawke, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Pink, gosh there's really a big, varied list.

And to the poster above, I've worked on My Chem's tour transportation management before, sadly, I didn't get a free ticket to any of their shows. However, someone gave me the special box edition of The Black Parade as a present once, I absolutely adore that album. It's very classic, I was thrilled over the obvious oldies-homages throughout. But My Chem's a surprisingly talented band in general, as flamboyant as their image is, and despite how many additive fans they have, they truly do make very good music; Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson are the same way. Always a very grand talent throughout, true performers.

•  

mechakitty

Tough question...

Probably Opeth, Porcupine Tree, or Agalloch, followed closely by Omnium Gatherum, King's X, UFO, XTC, Thrice, Only Living Witness, Supersuckers, R.E.M., and older Goo Goo Dolls. Maybe some Gin Blossoms up in there, or Jimmy Eat World. Silverchair? Only old Silverchair. In Flames. Black Sabbath. Deep Purple. Rainbow. Triumph. Anything old, crusty, and British, like the Beatles, or Angel Witch.

And then, further down the line, Warpaint, Pelican, Metric, Tool, Dark Tranquillity, Fleetwood Mac, Sentenced, Rilo Kiley, and Stevie Nicks solo.

I'm a little [ludicrously] diverse...  >:-)

Cheers,
mechaahkitteh
  •  

Graverobber9

I'm just going to list my ten favorite artists.

1. The Beatles                           Album pick: The Beatles (1968)
2. Bob Dylan                             Album pick: Highway 61 Revisited (1965)
3. of Montreal                           Album pick: Skeletal Lamping (2008)
4. David Bowie                          Album pick: The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
5. Animal Collective                   Album pick: Merriweather Post Pavilion (2009)
6. The Velvet Underground        Album pick: The Velvet Underground (1969)
7. John Lennon                         Album pick: John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970)
8. The Olivia Tremor Control      Album pick Dusk at Cubist Castle (1996)
9. Panda Bear                           Album pick: Person Pitch (2007)
10. Amy Winehouse                  Album pick: Back to Black (2006)
  •  

myles

Band - U2, singer Janis Joplin
based strictly on what I like to listen to no record sales, top 40 hits or any of that.
Cheers,
Myles
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

JPurcell

If I had to choose I would say Sublime, but I listen to a lot of different genres. I like 311, SOAD, and Horse the Band to name a few.
  •  

Pica Pica

Misty's Big Adventure - great live, easy for an idiot like me to sing along to, some nice points made and a great relationship with fans.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

30kps

My favorite is a dead heat between The White Stripes and Muse. Muse might win overall since they're still together. But if The White Stripes ever get back together, omg.
Despite what my profile pictures show, I am a very smiley and upbeat person. I'm merely the least photogenic person alive, that's all :P
  •  

mimpi

More into singers than traditional rock bands but...

Favourite Band of all time: Velvet Underground

Favourite Singer of all time: Thione Seck

•  

Amaranth

Fav bands - Nightwish, Metric, Evanescence

Fav individual artists - Owl City (Adam Young), Skrillex (Sonny Moore), Deadmau5 (Joel Zimmerman)
  •  

Cindy

The Wiggles

(posted for my friends 18 month daughter who just went to see them)

Sadly I think her loyalties will change as her Mum has bought her a fairy dress for when she goes to see The Fairies.

Woman  are so fickle and learn it from an early age. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cindy
  •  

xXRebeccaXx

Quote from: Sage on July 17, 2011, 11:44:17 PM
Can I say MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!

Aaaahh, I love this band....sorry if I'm being obnoxious.

And Gerard Way may not be the most macho dude in the world, but if ever a tamgible apart-from-myself male version of me existed, he (Sage) would look/behave very similarly to Gerard.  Yup.

The Black Parade FTW
Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •  

MCMCyn

The Beatles followed by The Ramones and The Reverend Horton Heat

missF

MUTANTES! Brazilian band from 60's/70's. Might not be very famous abroad, but well, I know one their songs was in some McDonalds ad few years back

http://www.youtube.com/user/sweeetFlav

If you never changed your opinion in the last 5 years check your pulse. You might be dead
  •  

daria

While my usual answer to this is Sonic Youth for teaching me how to play guitar and write songs, the real answer is Jeromes Dream. I know no-one's heard of them, and I'm not going to force you to do it, because it's not for everyone, but they are far and away the most intense, emotional band I've ever come across. Their bassist/vocalist didnt use a mic at shows, he'd just shriek into the air as they played, over the top of the band. Eventually he blew his voice and the band broke up. If this sounds like something you might be into, I urge you to check out a video on youtube of them playing in a boxing ring, as it's the best performance I have ever seen from any band.
  •  

michelle666

Joy Division, been my favorite for about 20 years now.
  •